Thread: I feel I don’t require iCloud

I feel I don’t require iCloud

I am using iCloud for about over 24 hours from now and frankly speaking that I do not think that I need this anymore. I am saying this because I feel that iOS 5 itself is great and iMessage is just dazzling. Is here someone else who feels the same?

Re: I feel I don’t require iCloud

Here are some of the points that I need to share with you so that you can understand that what are the benefits of iCloud.
    • Your data is stored centrally in a datacenter, not on a specific device. Does the device (eg mobile phone) is lost or damaged, your data is still there.
    • A data center usually makes multiple copies. It burns through a computer, which makes them more copies there. However, falls from your home computer, the data may be lost forever.
    • You save yourself a complicated setup. For example, you buy a new phone, log on only briefly, and immediately have all your phone numbers, appointments, etc. on the new device.
    • They are several ways to access your data, for example, view an electronic book on your phone, but also the laptop at home and office computers.
    • You do not have large memory on your device, because the data is stored externally and accessed only when needed. Also, software is often hardly necessary.

iCloud doesn't actually carry me something which Google didn't, except that now that I am the Mac OS support guy, I moved over therefore I can utilize it and have first hand experience. It certainly makes it easier with my tablet/iMac/Air/iPhone4S as it works so flawlessly.

There are some disadvantages with this which I am listing below.
    • You need an Internet connection to access your data. Is it bad or completely tear off (e.g. the train), you often do not come close to them.
    • They are from the data center operator dependent, because he has your data. Financially weak companies that could go bankrupt, or with technical problems which are very risky.
    • A well-managed data center may have problems (eg, lightning). You have to do when an accident is no real opportunity to own something.
    • For corporate users can be a problem, because the German data protection that keeps illegal - they do not know where your data is located (which country).
    • The major suppliers are attacked by criminals to steal or destroy data, but agencies are interested in queries (eg FBI, CIA).

The most important thing that I liked about this is the "cloud" makes new applications possible, for example, that a group of people working simultaneously on a text that is located centrally in the datacenter.