Thread: Can I build my own Cloud on Home Network?

Can I build my own Cloud on Home Network?

I want to plug in one external hard drive into my home network and utilize that like my individual cloud from where I will be able to access it as of the internet where I have the wi-fi otherwise 3G. Is there anyone who has personal experience with this? I just purchased device as of Addonics which encompass a USB port as well as an Ethernet port intended for that purpose. Thank you so much for reply in advance.

Re: Can I build my own Cloud on Home Network?

I would like to tell you that any straight NAS box will accomplish this if you desire. My Qnap is surely capable of it except I have no motive to utilize it this method. Dropbox provides me 2GB free and iCloud will provide me an additional 5GB and I actually can't make out needing to encompass immediate access to something similar to that amount of private data whilst not at home.

All those who decide to store the hard disk and take it anywhere, even virtually. It's called "personal cloud" the new formula for sharing computer data, and is characterized by cloud computing, the method to store information on a remote server and retrieve them anytime and anywhere, for economy and safety. How it works unlike the cloud, using a commercial server that is accessed thousands of internet users (although with password), the personal cloud, in fact, is based on a hardware system of ownership of user.

As coupled with the new NAS, the new service allows you to transform a local storage device in real cloud servers, accessible by anyone in the world. Iomega has announced the new Iomega Personal Cloud technology for data protection and remote access for small and medium enterprises and end users. It is basically an advanced storage available on the Internet.

It can have two configurations: being a box with network interface (wired and wireless) to connect to one or more hard drives, or that he himself is a hard drive, interface for connection to the Internet.

The result of this is extraordinary. From anywhere you connect to their personal records and downloading text, photos, video, and audio. The cloud computing services are often paid, the personal cloud is free (the cost of the connection box and hard disk separately). You can then use one or more large hard drive: you can also store the 'entire contents of your computer.

The access to the personal database allows you to have an archive, often cut off, and always ready to play their work or study environment at all times. Cloud Engines Pogo plug Pro and Iomega Home Media Network are two systems of personal cloud by excellent results. The solution 'box' Pogoplug follows the philosophy of the box to connect to the network and any hard drive with USB interface.

Simply connect the device to the Internet (the first time, via ethernet), register for free, connect one to four external hard drives and share content stored with access to the company ensures safe and inviolable. You can also connect a printer. The 'aesthetic is sought and the system works with Windows and Mac Defects? But the online help and the size, not yet "to be portable. It follows the Iomega Home Media Network, however, the philosophy of '' all-in-One ", the all-inclusive, and includes a large hard drive capacity.

The advantage is that you should not buy a hard disk, the disadvantage is that it remains attached to the system: very advanced, however, and with an eye for the Mac world can be, for example access to the server or use iTunes Time Machine, System backup, data storage, the Apple Remote.

Home Media Network delivers to stream photos, audio and video content on different media devices like game consoles (Microsoft Xbox 360, Sony Play station 3), audio bridges, network TV, digital picture frames.