Thread: How do i find Avast quarantine chest

How do i find Avast quarantine chest

I have been using the Avast antivirus from the past several years and it has been protecting my computer well without any issues and increases the performance as much as possible. Whenever the new threat locates, sometimes it cleans or deletes but sometimes it quarantines into a "chest”. I don’t know where the chest is located. I need to find out because I have by mistake put one item in that and I need to remove it from there. Can anyone help me?

Re: How do i find Avast quarantine chest

You should run an antivirus and what remains in quarantine infected files are not cannot remove the computer. Your antivirus will separate them and let you know which files are quarantined. The viruses are running antivirus, if you can safely remove your other files removes at risk but if you cannot do it first will ask you to remove them also, unless you want to delete the quarantine.

The quarantine zone is used to set the isolation pox all files or files designated as suspects. It offers some interesting possibilities. To access, go to the main window of Avast!, Click anywhere on the right mouse button and select Quarantine. The left menu has four icons:
    • Infected files
    • User files
    • Important files backed up
    • All files in the quarantine area

A pirate or cracked antivirus may result in an excessive amount of false positives, with all the respect in the world if you tried to crack Avast or did you do it with various Internet tools, I recommend you uninstall it properly and install the free version better, which has the same power of detection and disinfection for Avast 5 or AIS.

I used an English version of Avast, and there was called VAULT, which the dictionary means crypt or vault, and is where the files were sent to quarantine.

Open Avast, and while the control panel shows up following the memory test, chick the small arrow inside the higher left hand bend. Virus chest will be one of the options.

From what I can understand, these files are locked, see if the disk where they are, take off the write protection. To view and retrieve files in avast chest or quarantine, they will open the user interface and go to the option Maintenance> Virus Vault> right click on file> restore. Beware what you do can be a potential virus which is removed from the quarantine.

The antivirus quarantine are like real life, are spaces in the system where files are saved by the virus found to be infected from there can not harm a system and you can keep them there without any problems, if you notice something changed in the system then you can replace that file, however if everything is normal you can delete the file from quarantine as it only takes up space on your disk.