Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-10-2011

Joining remote computer to a domain

Hi

I have recently started learning about windows servers and am reading like crazy. I have successfully set up windows server 2008, SQL server 2008 and SharePoint 2010.

It all works great (I still can't believe it) and I managed to create a user account in AD and then to log in from a remote location and started using SharePoint TeamSite. However here is the problem user is not automatically logged in and any "big" action such as editing a document requires a re-log in.

If I understand correctly (from all sorts of resources I went through) the problem is, that this remote computer does not belong to the same domain.

My questions is, is there a way to join a remote computer to my domain, so it will be automatically logged in and able to use SP without log in screen jumping out.

Or is there another way to solve the logging in problem without joining computer to a domain? Something like "Remember me" function.

Thank you very much for your help!

All the best,

Matt
Old 14-10-2011

Re: Joining remote computer to a domain

Hello i am not that much familiar with this but still i try to find about your query on internet and i found that following link on a same site. so just go through it and see if its helpful for you or not. i hope this will help you.

Joining remote computer to a domain
http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1129620.htm
Old 30-12-2011
janettfung

Re: Joining remote computer to a domain

I am not sure I follow you exactly. Is it the setting of SP which causes the log in screen jumping out? Or, are you switching users when you remote access SP? Or, are you trying to have several users to remote access SP from a remote location at the same time?

In the last two cases, you may try RHUB remote access appliance. You won't be asked to re-login when doing any 'big' action. And you could have different users access and control a PC from different remote locations.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,