Thread: Best 5Ghz Wifi a/b/g/n card for HP Pavilion dv6-6167cl laptop

Best 5Ghz Wifi a/b/g/n card for HP Pavilion dv6-6167cl laptop

I am looking forward to put back the network card in a recently bought HP dv6-6167cllaptop. The reason I am doing this for the reason that I can't get my full make use of out of my Netgear WNDR3700 except I do so. For that I am looking for a good replacement. Does anyone know a Good wireless card? Can it be replaced by myself?

Re: Best 5Ghz Wifi a/b/g/n card for HP Pavilion dv6-6167cl laptop

If you want an internal card, so the recommendation is as easy as anywhere else: this - is in fact the only one. Whether you're really out of 5 GHz which cannot be said that simple. Actually, the network is worse than the 2.4 GHz network, but wireless networks are much less fun on the channels and there are more channels.

If you only use the 802.11n on 5 GHz is much more interesting because you can use a higher bandwidth on a given channel. Thus, a mediacenter stream movies that should have much better performance on a network in 802.11n 5 GHz on a 2.4 GHz wireless, preventing the passage of the classic problems of interference.
    Many experts are also in agreement on the fact that deploy an 802.11n network in the 2.4 GHz does not really make sense in that the 5 GHz is the only one to offer a breeding ground for a real operating this protocol. In summary, it is 2.4 GHz for b and g and 5 GHz is the top for n.

If you want to connect only your computer to the WLAN, so I would get a wireless USB stick. Simple dual-band 802.11n USB sticks without you already get on eBay for about 15 € including shipping. In contrast to the PCI card you have then the advantage of the USB flash drive can be positioned much well. Want to other devices in the same place in the wireless integration (such as Xbox), then I would take one of the bridge solutions.

I searched long after a 802.11N 5Ghz card. The only one I've found is from Buffalo and is called WLI-CB-G300N Wireless-N. This part works for me perfectly in all modes 802.11x. But it is not that cheap, that is, so you will need to add around 70 EUR .

I'm in the same situation as you all. My HP Pavilion DV6000 Laptop longer working as well as WiFi. For two weeks nothing! It no longer recognizes my wireless card. If I start in Safe Mode and I re-starts, do not worry, if not impossible to find the card Wireless. I restored the system 2 times, and there is nothing to do

Manufacturers were clever and they offer dualband routers like the DIR-825 Linksys that open network 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz simultaneously. They are certainly a bit more expensive, but if you have a device that requires a lot of bandwidth and can use the 802.11n bonus is a luxury it becomes difficult to move once they are tasted. In such cases, the 2.4Ghz Wifi will then serve as smartphones and laptops that do not have the chance to do something other than 2.4. You can enjoy the best of two worlds, because honestly, it is now, unthinkable only a network structure around the 5 GHz for purely practical reasons (compatibility) unless, of course, to have the means to pay for certified wireless cards that will cost up to 40% more than their little sisters 2.4.

WLANs transmit more data in the area especially, the more collisions will occur and the greater the data rate decreases. The problem is limited only by the fact that there are 13 usable channels, which can switch between routers.