Thread: Installed AVG9 Anti Virus but not responding

Installed AVG9 Anti Virus but not responding

In my computer I was using McAfee antivirus and after that I have uninstalled it from my computer and after that I have installed AVG9 Anti Virus and after installing the AVG9 Anti Virus in my computer it has started giving me problems. Now whenever I try to open the AVG from the system tray icon at that time AVG window opens and then my computer freezes some time and some time window doesn’t appears. Now please tell me how to fix this issue?

Re: Installed AVG9 Anti Virus but not responding

Have uninstalled the McAfee antivirus from your computer properly? If you have not uninstalled it properly then that is the main reason why you are facing this problem. I will suggest you to delete all the McAfee files from your computer and you have to also remove run the Ccleaner in your computer.

If you have uninstalled the McAfee from your computer properly and after that also you are getting the same problem in your computer then you have to first open the control panel and then you have to uninstall the AVG from your computer now after uninstalling the AVG from your computer you have to reboot the computer. Nopw after computer restarts you have to delete all the temporary files from your computer and after deleting the temp files you have to install the AVG again in your computer and after installing the AVG again in your system you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

I think after reinstalling the AVG problem will get solved.

I have uninstalled the AVG from jy compute r and after uninstalling the AVG I have reboot the PC and then I have installed the AVG again and then also I get the same problem.

Is there any thing wrong with my computer or something else is causing this issue?

I have referred your problem and I will suggest you to instead of using AVG 9 in your computer you should download the latest version of the AVG from the internet and after that you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

Yes I will also suggest you the same I was also getting the same problem with AVG antivirus in my computer and after that I have uninstalled the AVG from my computer and downloaded the latest AVG from the internet and then I have installed it in my computer and them my problem get solved. I think you should try to solve this issue. If you need any more help then let me know.

After looking at your replies I have downloaded the latest version of the AVG in my computer and after that I have installed that and the things started working fine. Thank you for helping me.