Thread: Which is the best antivirus for Windows 8

Which is the best antivirus for Windows 8

I have recently installed Windows 8 on my machine and I am willing to install a antivirus on it as well but then I have heard that there are many antivirus that are not compatible with windows 8 so I don’t want to waste time in installing a antivirus which is not compatible with the windows 8.So I just wanted to know from you all that which are the best antivirus that work well with the windows 8.Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Which is the best antivirus for Windows 8

I am using the avira free in Windows 8 and I was using the same in the windows 7 as well and I think that it is one of the best and it is also compatible with most of the operating system. If you want then you can get a trial version of it and I will also like to inform you that this free antivirus have also got some good ratings from the independent labs as well as from the blocking test and though it had some trouble with the rootkits it is really worth to have. I have not yet faced any problem due to any kind of malware after installing the avira. Just check the trial version and then you will get a good idea about it.

You can also get the ESET Smart Security 5.I have been using the same and have not faced any virus issue after installing it.I will like to inform you that the ESET Smart Security 5 is built on the ThreatSense.net advanced which is a kind of early warning system and it is designed to give you additional levels of security to your computer. It has a Improved removable media management and it also has another level of security In order to monitor the unauthorized changes registry, processes, applications and files which is really a very good feature of it.

Microsoft Security Essentials works very well and it uses both the definition file and real time defense against the viruses and the spyware and it also provides a rootkit protection as well. You can use the security essential to scan the archives and the removable drives and also create a system restore point as well. It also has a preconfigured run a scan weekly at 2 a.m which is a very idle time and the new malwares are also added by default everyday and the attachments and the downloaded files are automatically scanned and it also occupies less space as compared to the other security software’s.

Norton 360 is also a good choice I have used it in windows 7 as well as windows 8 and it really works well on both. In the new version 6.0 beta it is having a bandwith management which helps to avoid the non-critical Norton updates when it is connected to the metered networks and it also has a New web-based functionality called Norton Management which helps you to manage the Norton products from anywhere in the world which means you can remotely add Norton products, manage security settings and update subscriptions as well.

Below are the antiviruses that work with windows 7 as well as windows 8:
    • AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition
    • Avira AntiVir Personal Edition
    • Norton AntiVirus 2009
    • Avast! AntiVirus Home
    • Kapersky Anti-Virus 2009

You can also try out the latest of Kapersky Anti-Virus which is Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2012.The below features have been improved just take a look at it:
    1. The Real-time protection against viruses and spyware
    2. The Scanning of the malicious code and the websites and the emails
    3. The Protection for digital identity
    4. It know comes with some Easy-access Desktop gadget as well.

If you want a really good and free antivirus, you should use Microsoft Security Essentials. There shouldn't be any compatibilty issues since it was made by Microsoft. You can download it for free from the Microsoft website.
    I specialize in security. If you need any help, feel free to PM me.