Thread: How to remove starsear.ch redirecting virus

How to remove starsear.ch redirecting virus

I am not completely sure whether there is some kind of infection in my pc. Whenever I try to access any page or any website I am just redirected to some other website. This was quiet less before, but now this is constant. Even if I open Google a startsear.ch url opens up. What should I do to fix this issue. Sometime I am automatically redirected to this site. I need help here.

This is a redirecting virus and it can removed by a good antivirus. I think your existing antivirus is not working well. You can try some other good antivirus like Microsoft security essentials and Norton. MSE is a free antiviru while Norton is a paid one. You can test the same by downloading a trial edition and scan your entire system. I think MSE will be quiet enough. The benefit o this antivirus is that you can use it with your existing security application.

Re: How to remove starsear.ch redirecting virus

Redirecting virus are mostly associated with the web browser. If you re-install the same this problem will be resolved. So here you can start up by cleaning your system a bit. Like uninstalling the entire web browser first. Then running a good cleaning utility like CCleaner. This tool will wipe out unwanted stuff from your pc. Then re-install the browser back again. This will be enough to fix the issue.

This can be a malware issue also. You can try a set of different antivirus which will be helpful in fixing the issue. The first thing you must do is install Malwarebytes Antimalware in your system. You will get a trail edition. Scan your pc through that and see whether this thing is able to clean your system or not. The second thing you have to do is simply scan through a bootable antivirus. This is also effective.

I got this issue on Firefox. I tried many things to fix the problem. I removed the plugins and rest its settings. But it worked only when I re-installed the entire web browser. I got this virus due to a toolbar that I had accidentally installed through at third party free game. I tried removing this from control panel but it not going. Rightnow it is not redirecting. So I had just left that. I hope this will not create any problem in future. I have to format the pc then.