Thread: Improper Local Hostname not allowing the Home Network to get connected

Improper Local Hostname not allowing the Home Network to get connected

Hey guys I am very much new to the networking and hence it would be better oif you all can help me get out of this mess, so what I am asking is that can you all please help me in setting up the home network connection at my place, so it would be better of you all can lend em a helping hand towards it. now I had a simple windows network setup with the following equipments in it
    1 emprex d/l media box - ip 192.168.1.69

1 Main computer - ip 192.168.1.65

1 Media computer - ip 192.168.1.67
    Plus it also has the two phones connected to it. a router and a plug as well, that all forms the basic part of the connection. Now if you all look at the connection then let me tell you that router is connected to the main plug and that in turn is connected to the main computer also the media system as well as the phones that are there are connected via. Wifi, now the main issue is with the resolving of the local hostname, it is not getting resolved at all. I don’t know where is the fault here please let me know about how can I get with the solutions please let me know about the same.

Re: Improper Local Hostname not allowing the Home Network to get connected

First of all learn how to setup a DNS server. if you get to know how to setup a DNS server then it will be well and better for you that’s what I think here. in fact try and put the computer name in the hots file, that’s it. so that’s what you need to do I hope you have got the necessary information on the same and hence that’s what the necessary solution is.

Ok thanks a lot for mentioning about the same, so what I want to say is that the suggestion that you have given here will work well with the windows system but what about the two phones that are connected via. Wifi? What about them? can you please tell me about that as well. I also forgot to say that there is a variable IP that gets updated with the small monitoring program and that to in media compute. So I think I can handle that but please tell me about the phone as well.

It’s a bit simple let me explain it to you about the same all the fingers are pointing towards the router, just check if the router is giving all the static internal ip addresses of the router, that’s what I am saying here. also check if the BT router that you have mentioned here can handle the DNS lookup properly. You can setup the router directly so that you will not be requiring the computer to be switched on when you need some connection, so that is one alternative that you can reply on for sure. so do carry on wioth that option that I have suggested you here and let me know if that has helped you in the process or not. So that’s it from my side for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamaris View Post
    It’s a bit simple let me explain it to you about the same all the fingers are pointing towards the router, just check if the router is giving all the static internal ip addresses of the router, that’s what I am saying here. also check if the BT router that you have mentioned here can handle the DNS lookup properly. You can setup the router directly so that you will not be requiring the computer to be switched on when you need some connection, so that is one alternative that you can reply on for sure. so do carry on wioth that option that I have suggested you here and let me know if that has helped you in the process or not. So that’s it from my side for you all.
    See if I just put up the hostname then it is useless for me and that’s for sure the IPs are also static and unless and until I put up a hostname in the network from outside it wont work at all. so what do you all have to say about this in this situation. See the thing is simple i am not able to access several servers that are there at my place with the help of IP. Since they are dynamic and the ip generated is static at my router.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellen!camp View Post
    See if I just put up the hostname then it is useless for me and that’s for sure the IPs are also static and unless and until I put up a hostname in the network from outside it wont work at all. so what do you all have to say about this in this situation. See the thing is simple i am not able to access several servers that are there at my place with the help of IP. Since they are dynamic and the ip generated is static at my router.
    Ok do one thing just set up the name of the devices on the router that you are using currently. You have to do this when none of the devices that are working externally does not follow the ip addresses of the router, so that’s what you should be doing. Yes it is a bit annoying process for sure but yes a effective method that will work for you, that’s what I want to say here.

Just setup a webaddress in your DNS server that you have set and ask the dns server to redirect to it, so that’s what you should be dong here. I hope you have got all the information about the same and hence that’s what you should be doing here. first and the foremost setting up the dns server is very much important I feel. that’s what my point is.

Ok thanks for telling me about the same. I will make sure that I will make the necessary changes for the same and hence that’s what I am saying here. anyways I will do let you know if that worked for me or not in a day or two.