Thread: how to ACCESS TWO ROUTERS THROUGH ONE PORT.

how to ACCESS TWO ROUTERS THROUGH ONE PORT.

hi every one, this is my second time posting: 0, I recently bought two routers for computer internet connection. The cable is an Ethernet cable. I want to connect my computer port to them so I can connect my computer to first router then my first router connect to the second router and then second router connect to the internet. Thanks again in advance.

Re: how to ACCESS TWO ROUTERS THROUGH ONE PORT.

Hey, nice question. Consider that if you use Ethernet wired router for the connection to the port then these router support only limited number of connection consist maximum 4 to 5 ports. And second router also provide more open ports which is allowing to the addition hardware or network or computer or system which is join the network.

*Installing a two router network: if you connect second router via Ethernet cable wire, then first router connect to the one of the LAN ports. If you connecting second router via using wireless network, then set the second router as client mode. But there are some wireless router does not support the client mode because they must be connected by cables. Check your routers ip address setting. I f you used default ip address then they will not work in a two routers. Check the second router ip and reset to the valid address range of the firstly router which is do not conflict with other hardware or system on the network. In a home network, to avoid ip address the entire home network. Adding the second router to the existing network then a switch is defining the same aim of extending size of a network without requires any ip address.

Hey, if you using more than one router consider that if it is two routers using for a home network, then these is a good idea for increasing the security and performance. Some people used second d router if the first router doesn’t support a home network system. Many of the people used second router if in case the first router fails,

Thank you, for the information. It was extremely useful. These are a best thing I have read this week on internet on your websites.

I have two desktop and one laptop. I want one wireless router for connecting to all of these. My condition is, the router is not a part of the network its only connects to the internet. I also want another router for i-pod, x-box, etc. is that possible?