Thread: how to become a network professional

how to become a network professional

I have just completed with my graduation and have been placed in a company through campus recruitments, and place in the sector of networking, I do know the basic of the networks (IP,Protocol,mask,submask,OSI,MAC address........etc)??? But wanted to be well worse with the concepts well in advance… Can you suggest me any e-book or any sites from where I can download these materials????

re: how to become a network professional

The field of networking is honestly pretty tricky to get into without experience. But you have a job and want some information then My best advice for you would be to join any certification course in (CCNA, MCITP or Red hat depending on your interest).which will help give you experience, knowledge and also build up your resume. There is no promise a job will be waiting for you after this certification but it’s a start. You should take my word It’s a very tough road but worth every minute.

According to my knowledge If you don't have time to study and learn you will never be a professional. So utilize your time in reading e-books and other articles related to networking

It is not easy to work on certifications while working full time as an admin. If you can't devote the time to certifications then get involved in forums like the one you are reading right now. Forums will help you solidify the understanding you have s you are already joint or will be joining.

Local organizations will get you face to face with network infrastructure…
    You can also inquire in your area and they might give you an ideal about how to go along into this field into the field.