Thread: Apple OS X Lion: need help in Wi-Fi connection.

Apple OS X Lion: need help in Wi-Fi connection.

Hey all, I am having Apple iMac and Apple MacBook pro, and also recently I have installed OS X Lion in them. After the installation I can see that there is problem with the Wi-Fi connection. The problem is that while connection it always says that looking for network, but never get connected with the network. My iMac with OS 10.6 was not having the problem and it get connected with the Wi-Fi easily. But I can see that I am having this problem after the installing the OS X Lion. So can anyone help me in this case so that I can get connected with the Wi-Fi network very easily. And also this is causing the big problem to me with connection speed and applications that need a constant connection are giving me network errors constantly.

Re: Apple OS X Lion: need help in Wi-Fi connection.

In this case I think that the Mac's seems to have an argument with the "known network" function if both SSID's are in the "known network" list of a Mac and reachable. I have read elsewhere also, that there is issue (bug?) in the connection between network setup (known networks) & the keychain mechanism of the OS X. For that you ought to finally delete of your SSID's from the Mac's list & the keychain & finally uncheck the "Ask to join new networks" option in Technique Setup. Look at the small adjust in the small printed text underneath the choice to get an idea.

For my case, I can say that wi-fi works after install just fine. But I get the same problem when I the Javascript runtime is updated and a reboot happens, they wi-fi is MIA. For that reson only I have also spend my 3 hours at the Apple store yesterday but this was also of no use for me. Please help me in this case also.

Yes I also think that this is bug. I am positive about this because I I installed Lion on my Mac Mini yesterday. Prior to the upgrade, I had zero connection issue. I ma telling this thing Because I upgraded to Lion, my WiFi connection has been up & down constantly. I hope Apple addresses this soon. I do know the Wifi is fine, because my iPhone, iPad, & other computers is still get to the net without problem with the lion desktop.

I am also having the same issue, and also here I am glad to know though that it is not only me as I originally thought it was my Wifi hardware but as some others have said, my Dlink Wifi works with everything else at home. For that reson only I have also tried with contacting with the Apple Support & I am scheduled to speak with them on Friday evening & will post anything I can to help. In case you any of you discover a resolution before hand, post & let us all know about this.

For resolving my Wi-Fi connection problem with my Apple OS X Lion desktop, I contacted with the Apple store, and they suggested me the following things to done:
    • First make sure that your hardware is there, but wi-fi won't turn on.
    • after confirming you will need to make the backup for this they have also suggested me the trick for wipe all setting folders but still the same problem.
    • They returned to a full install for Lion, but after I loaded my Adobe products & rebooted, the w-fi went away.
    • I think it was the install of Java Runtime that caused it ( speculation on my part) but i see all sorts of chatter on the Adobe site about only by hand installing the runtime do not install using apples updater. I attempted that & still no luck

Here also the same problem for that in my case. I am having the 2 Wi-Fi routers and here while connecting eith the Wi-Fi I am getting the same problem for that reason only. I was searching for the suggestion about this but never got. Here I hope that anyone will help in this case also.

This same thing is happening in my case also. The issue is that, recently I haveinstalled lion yesterday on my imac, & now the wifi constantly crashes. For solving this I must restart the computer, but this is clearly not a great soloution. Also, opening network preferences & selecting the network I am already joined to appeared to prompt a response.

I installed the lion and at that time I found that my Wi-Fi connection is working so fine but In this morning when I open the computer at that time I see that Wi-Fi icon at the top of the screen had an exclamation point through it representing a storm with connecting to the Web. For that I also checked all the airports in the house and everything is up and running. I even tried to connect by my iPhone Personal Hotspot (by tethering) and that didn't work either. I can see other computers on the network and can connect to an attached drive on my WiFi hardware was working ok. And after that I checked this conversation by my iPhone and still I get no solution. So for that reason only I have returned to fundamentals & checked the settings on my Network. The only thing that might be a storm was my setting for DHCP with manual address - possibly that is an argument. Sure when I chosen plain ol DHCP the Web came alive. Now, this wasn't an argument with Snow Leopard so there is got to be some change in Lion that Apple needs to take a glance at & fix. Hope this helps you

Hey friends, I am using Snow Leopard and I am also facing this problem from the day when I bought my computer at my home. Except this tool, all other wireless tools are working so foine at my home. For that reason only I have also reset the modem limitless times, trashed preferences, set up dummy networks, talked with a "genius", wiped the HD & reinstalled the OS & even had the Airport card replaced. But while trying to resolve the issue not of the suggestion worked in my case.. Until now so far. At 15 minutes this is the longest I have held a connection in over a month. So, I am not saying it is fixed yet, but it is by far the most promising I have seen. Thank you.

You all are facing the same problem and after trying with the so many suggestion still you are having the same problem. Then here I would like to say you all to contact with the Applecare. Report them for this issue. And here I am sure that only they can help in your case. When I shutdown and move to an additional location with a special router Wi-Fi is gone. Now I must go to the Apple store for fix which they said to me it sounds like hardware. HELLO it started yesterday after the Lion upgrade and seldom before.

Finally, after contacting with the apple care, I got the suggestion for the Wi-Fi connection problem. I was also thinking that after trying with the suggestion if they don’t works then I will contact with the Apple care for the support. But here thanks for trying to suggest me.