Thread: VPN Port Forwarding for Mac Server in Netgear FVS336GV2

VPN Port Forwarding for Mac Server in Netgear FVS336GV2

Users are primarily VPN for Mac OS X 10.6 to easily support the built in VPN client that originally created the VPN service on your machine OS X Server. This obligatory me to advance UDP ports 500 and 4500 in the router.

However, I cannot seem to find a way to do this and my router is not listed any available secondary firmware. As a temporary solution that all ports have submitted to our server Mac and I'm running firewall software on that machine. This is not ideal.

If I have yet to use the OS X VPN server how I can downgrade the firmware in the FVS336GV2?

Re: VPN Port Forwarding for Mac Server in Netgear FVS336GV2

SSL-VPN uses port 443 only for the port should not be out

Unfortunately, since the FVS336Gv2 is so new that no other firmware (including the initial release) is available for download. I cannot remember if it was regarding this matter or not, althought attempt to disable Java in your browser and check whether it helps(I know it was a different difficulty)

As for port forwarding - I know only uses SSL VPN 443, but the router will not let me move forward UDP port 500 to my Mac VPN server. He says that "conflicts with the default port range for the service or HTTPS port (s)". The old firmware did not used to.

In addition, there has been a firmware update for the FVS336GV2. I was in 3.0.6-28 and then updated to 3.0.7-24. My question still stands unfortunately cut.

Contact netgear support and explain the issues and see if we can get our previous version, and does not appear in the product support page

I was able to get a connection setup with these instructions, but I am not able to establish a VPN policy for the connection. IKE My policy is not displayed in the dropdown menu under the parameters of Auto Policy Configuration page VPN Policy.

When I look at the records of VPN, which is automatic generation of a policy with a CIDR will not permit the customer to observe anything on the LAN. Here is the entry:
    Code:
    [FVS336GV2] [IKE] found no policy exists, the generation of politics: 192.168.40.2xx/32 [0] 0.0.0.0 / 0 [0] proto = any dir = IN_
    If I were capable to generate a policy that allows access to the LAN subnet think it would work. Note that I am capable to obtain a working VPN tunnel effectively using an iPhone and Mac OS X.

When the installation for the iPhone, because the configuration is modeconfig you should see the IKE policy, although not the VPN policy from modeconfig replaced. You do not have troubles of creating.

I thought I could have replaced modeconfig VPN policy for this configuration. Unfortunately, I cannot even see anything on the remote network or get on the Internet with these settings.

I configured an IP set mode settings configuration page. The addresses in this group are in the same subnet as my LAN, but not used and out of my DHCP range. Do I need to be in a completely separate subnet? If so, do I still put the correct IP of our LAN DNS server in those environments?

I configured an IP set mode settings configuration page. The addresses in this group are in the same subnet as my LAN
    You cannot do that .its different

That difficulty now is that when my iPhone is to go through AT & T instead of the wireless does not work at all. As noted in the forum, this seems to be a problem for AT & T. Sounds like a plan the company data is needed for proper operation.

VPN server built into Mac OS X works well on the AT & T, so I'm back to using it. I setuped the port forwarding to 443 designed for VPN router and it fully operational. All other ports to forward to my server Mac OS X you are consecutively its own firewall. Thus the UDP port 500 is sent and I am talented to connect using both methods.