Thread: AVG Anti-Virus, reliable or not

AVG Anti-Virus, reliable or not

Does the AVG anti virus is reliable or not, for the protection, updates ... as it is free.
    thank you

Re: AVG Anti-Virus, reliable or not

AVG is absolutely reliable effect. Despite one or two updates issues, it is a good product. However, I prefer Avira Antivir which is also Free and more efficient.

it is reliable and correct for a free. I prefer avast but each of us have different taste.

Wow. Here, in a nutshell, is the triumvirate of crappy free anti-virus programs. I used to have Avira. My father swore up and down by it, so I gave it a try. It was good for exactly two things:

1) Popping up all the time and asking me if I wanted to pay for the paid version.

2) Failing to stop a single virus or trojan, until I got an obvious virus, got Kaspersky, and watched it kill all that junk.

I've never once put my faith in that Free AV garbage again, and neither should you. I work at Geek Squad and remove dozens of viruses every day, and while we get our fair share of computers with legitimate AV software, like Norton or Webroot, it's often expired. More often than not, we get some fool who put his faith in AVG or Avast (don't see much avira), and got rewarded for it with viruses.

I can't stress this enough - shell out 40 bucks a year for a REAL antivirus. Don't skimp out and get this free garbage. If anyone proclaims himself a tech expert and then prescribes this shit, that's about the same as someone who proclaims himself a car mechanic, and then tells you that pissing in your gas tank is a free alternative to fuel... that works.

AVG is reliable for an antivirus also it does not need a large amount of memory in order to work it right. I've been using it but it expire and I have to change antivirus.