Thread: Linksys BEFW11S4 v4 router: After firmware upgrade, not able to connect to internet.

Linksys BEFW11S4 v4 router: After firmware upgrade, not able to connect to internet.

Hey all, I am using the Linksys BEFW11S4 v4 router, and I am having problem while connecting the router. Before two weeks I had upgraded the latest firmware 1.52.03 and I think that due to this only, I am not able to connect to the internet using the router. For that reason I had decided to downgrade to the old firmware, because I have no idea that except it, what else to do. If you have any better idea then please suggest me please.

Re: Linksys BEFW11S4 v4 router: After firmware upgrade, not able to connect to internet.

Hey in this case I think that this is not due to your router or due to your firmware upgrade. First tell me that which internet service provider you are using? And also you can try to see on the routers set up page for the WAN/Internet IP address, this might help in your case. Try with that and report me back if it helps or not.

Re: Linksys BEFW11S4 v4 router: After firmware upgrade, not able to connect to internet.

Hey, here tell me only that is this DSL or Cable, Fiber Optic or Satellite? And also tell me if this was working fine before it.

I think that it’s a cable, also I don’t know if it will be DSL, sorry. I would like to say also that when I was working on the two days before at that time I was getting so much freezes and also interruption in the wireless connection. For that reason I connected my desktop to the model to watch that my router is working fine or not and over there I found that my router wouldn’t connect and still the internet is running so slow. And after connecting the computer directly with the modem still the internet was running too slow. Please help me to get out of this problem.

In this case I would like to ask you that check the name of the cable provider and tell me back the mane. I am asking this thing because you are getting me confused over here. Here I would like to know the model number of the model which you are using. And I am getting confused with your post that “interne is still slow when I connect it directly to the modem”. Please clear this sentence that what you want to say to me.

Here I would like to say you the reason of connecting directly with the modem because internet was running on very slow speed and for that only I think that after connecting directly with the modem, I will get the perfect speed for using the internet. And also I am using modem motorola sb5101n. and at that time I was facing the wireless disconnects problem and lots of freezes.

Hey all, thanks for suggesting me the suggestion about my problem, I tried with the steps but none of them are working in my case. And also for that reason only I had connected my computer directly with the modem to access the internet fast. Hey, if any of you are having any better suggestion then please suggest me over here. I am trying to see the more suggestion from the other forums also and also I am trying to get the suggestion also from the Linksys, in the hope that they will help me in this case. After getting any good suggestion in this problem I will also suggest over here and hope that it will help in other user case also.