Thread: Linksys E4200 is dropping internet connection, after updated with latest firmware.

Linksys E4200 is dropping internet connection, after updated with latest firmware.

Hi friends, I am having Linksys E4200 router from the few weeks, and I am having some issue about it. The problem is that after my router is updated with latest firmware, it is dropping the internet connection. I had upgraded with the 1.00.1 firmware. Can anyone suggest me some solution about it? And if anyone is having the same problem then also please suggest me back.

Re: Linksys E4200 is dropping internet connection, after updated with latest firmware.

I will suggest you to try changing the MTU size and set it to the 1365 in the router which you are using. I am suggesting you this in the hope that it will make any difference. Also I will suggest you to reconfigure the router because you have already upgraded the firmware on your router. I am telling you to that because it is recommended that you should reset the router and reconfigure it. Try with that and report me back if it not works in your case.

Re: Linksys E4200 is dropping internet connection, after updated with latest firmware.

I am currently running on the HP Elitebook using the Intel WIFI 5300 and I am also facing the same problem. For that reason I have also contacted with the Linksys support, but they also not providing me the proper reason for that. And still I am facing the same problem. So I came here in the hope that someone will help me in this case.

Here I just like to point out that there are so many users which are not having this type of the issue. I think that in the some case only this type of the issue occurs and let me tell you that it might happen that some of them are not the Cisco's fault. Like, when someone uses the wireless utility which comes with the 802.11n USB adapter. This one is conflicted with something that caused the E4200 to mot work properly. So in this case I don’t think that it is the mistake of the cisco. Because when I stop using the Rosewill utility at that time that issue doesn’t comes again. Instead of that I bought the new utility for using with the E4200 router, but after few days I experienced the same problem again, and this issue is again caused by only by the utility not by the router which I am using. And also this was only an example. But it doesn’t mean that I am saying that E4200 is not having any faults. Because I have also experienced some documented DHCP issues while using the E4200. And also I would like to say the my E4200 is working so good in my case.

Hey, I am just wondering in this case because, I am using the original firmware and I am not getting any type of the problem. Let me tell you that I am using the original firmware on my second E4200, and I am not having any type of the issue related with the firmware. And since all things were running fine in my case so I was thinking that there is no need for any type of the firmware upgrade in my case. So I can’t say anything in this case. Still I have not updated it, and also in your case I will suggest you to downgrade the firmware, because only this can help you In your case.

Yes friends, thanks a lot for the suggestion. I tried with the suggestion and I get the result that my Linksys E4200 is start working fine and now it is also not losing the internet connection. Here I would like to say thanks to all of you for suggesting me the right suggestion.

I have the same issue. What were you do for this issue. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by peterwang View Post
    I have the same issue. What were you do for this issue. Thanks!
    Can you try to reset the router while holding down its reset button for 30 seconds when it is turned on. After that unplug the router from power and hold for an additional 30 seconds and still holding down the reset button, turn on power to the router again and hold for 30 more seconds. After this your router should be restored to its factory default state. Set it up again and check the difference now.