Thread: Not able to connect Linksys AE2500 adaptor and Linksys E4200 router.

Not able to connect Linksys AE2500 adaptor and Linksys E4200 router.

I want to know that, there anyone using Linksys E4200 router with Linksys AE2500 adaptors? I am asking this because I am having some problem while connecting them together. And also I would like to say that my AE2500 adaptor is working so well with the WRT54GL in wireless G for me. But the same adapter is not working fine with the new E4200 in wireless G or in wireless N. actually while connecting they got connected but after few times it tells me that "limited access" on the wireless connection. And at this time I am not able to access the internet and also not able to access the other computer via the network. At this stage the only solution is to restore the connection and then unplug the router and after that plug it again to my computer. I am searching to find the information about this combination of the device and I am not able to find any proper suggestion for this. So please if anyone is having the proper suggestion about this then please suggest me back over here.

Re: Not able to connect Linksys AE2500 adaptor and Linksys E4200 router.

According to the things which you have explained to the forum, I think that here in this case you will need to upgrade the router with the latest firmware and also after that reset the router and configure it again. While upgrading make sure that you are upgrading the firmware which is downloaded from the Cisco website. And also let me tell you that the router E4200 which you have is having maximum performance wireless-N router and also It is Simultaneous dual-band Wireless-N Router. And according to me as the wireless setting is concern that you can use the wireless network name or also you can use the different network name. and here I will recommend you that while making the channel setting of 2.4 GHz, you should make the Channel Width to 20 MHz only and Channel to 6, 9, 11. And after finishing with these all steps, uninstall the adapter and then install the AE2500 once again.

Hey, I have already updated the router with the latest firmware and also I am using the latest driver for my AE2500. According to your suggestion I am getting that my router is the dual band wireless-N router, for that reason only I bought the new Linksys AE2500 in the hope that it will work good with it, but it is not working good. Also I am trying with the different wireless setting but none of them are working in this case. And recently I found that i can try to stop my USB adapter to stop working and instead of that I can make the connection by copying the files from the one computer to the other. But thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Recently, I start facing the new problem that is when I am trying to copy the files from my computer which is using AE2500 adaptor to my laptop which is having the wireless card inside, the transfer is not getting complete. I think this is because of my AE2500 adaptor is ot functioning properly and also it is not able to detect any other wireless connection in the certain area. And let me tell you that my laptop is not having the problem and it is still having the internet access. And this thing is happening when I am trying to transfer the data between the two desktop, both are using the AE2500 adaptors, both computer loses there internet access.

Hey I am also having the same E4200 and AE2500 and also I am suffering from the same problem. And I think that this thing is happening more time when I am doing the following. I can transfer the large files from any device on wired or wireless. I think that what does not cause this issue is, All the other wireless devices which are using the 2.4Ghz band having no issue. While using the E4200, it would randomly lose the connection. In this case I think that this is the case with the N spec on the router, even the Mac is working fine.

For resolving this problem I would like to suggest you the following wireless setting as:
    1. For the 5 GHz:

• Network Mode: Wireless-N only
    • SSID: Mongoose
    • Channel Width: 40 Mhz only
    • Channel: 161 (5.805Ghz)
    • SSID Broadcast is enabled.

And for the 2.4 GHz:

• Network mode: Mixed
    • SSID: Mongoose
    • Channel Width: Auto (20Mhz or 40Mhz)
    • Channel: 10 (2.457Ghz)
    • SSID Broadcast is enabled.

Hope that this will help in your case.

So I think that I can stop the working of my AE2500 adaptors by transferring the data from the one desktop to other. I had tried with this thing many times and each time I get disconnected from the wireless network. I have told you before that while trying to transfer the data from my desktop to the laptop which is having the AE2500 adapter, at that time my computer loses the connection but my laptop stays on the network, it means that the problem is only with my desktop. For that reason I had also tried with the replacement of the router but it also not helps in my case.

Wait, I think that you are using the router which uses the 5 GHz. For testing your problem I am putting two different bands on different SSIDs and after that I am trying to test each of the bands. After getting any good results I will suggest you again over here. I am thinking that it will be of 5GHz, because I also noticed this problem in my Macbook Pro.

Friends, I am still having the problem. And I am trying to update the BIOS of my computer. If I get any better results then I will suggest over here. And please if any of you got the suggestion then please suggest me over here.

Dude, I don’t think that after following the suggestion present over there, you are still having the same problem. I am sure about it because I was also facing this type of the problem and after following the steps which are present over here I able to resolve the problem. So here I will say you to try the steps again very carefully and then report over here back that they are working in your case or not. I was having my problem in Linksys AE2500 adaptor. And also the problem was that I was not able to connect it to my computer system.