Thread: Linksys E4200 is causing DynDNS misuse, help.

Linksys E4200 is causing DynDNS misuse, help.

Recently I bought the new Linksys E4200 before few days and today I found one email that is saying that my email account has been banned due to the misuse. I think this thing is happens due to the over updating. I don’t think that this is because of using the multiple routers for this because I am also having my old router and this one is disconnected from the computer. I am trying to solve this one but not able to do so because of the E4200 update frequency is too high and also I found that there is no firmware updates. What to do now? Can anyone suggest me in this case please?

Re: Linksys E4200 is causing DynDNS misuse, help.

I think that it is an interesting issue, in this case I will like to know that have you contacted with the technical support for the resolving your problem? If no then try to contact with them. They will help you in your case for resolving your problem.

Friend, I am also having this same issue and also I had tried with the so many suggestion but none of them are working in my case. I want to disable the router's DDNS and still trying for the better suggestion in my case. Also I had contacted with the technical support but they are also not helping me in this case, actually there suggestions are not working in my case. Still in the hope that, someone will give the proper suggestion about this.

So friends, let me tell you all that, it was before three months when I was also facing this problem. For resolving my problem I bought the new e4200 an after using this I never fall in such type of the problem again. And also after installing that I never blocked by DynDNS.org twice. This suggestion I found by chatting by the live support person, who suggested me to send the email to the linksys support. After sending the email I found that they give me the notice that Linksys has discontinued their email support and after that I go to the forum for the more support. So that’s why I am here, here I would like to ask that is there is any way to get suggestion to fix it? And also I would like to know that is any Linksys support reads on this forum? Reply me please.

Hey here also, I am having the same problem and for resolving that I had searched on the so many forums but never found the solution for this. Hope that anyone will help over here.

Hey, I was having the same problem and for resolving that I talk to the tech support. I would like to give them credit because they really help me much. Before talking with the senior tech supporter my experience was so bad, but when I talk to the senior tech supporter, he really helps me in my case. For helping g me he made the some online searches for giving me the proper suggestion to resolve my problem. After searching more on the net, he told me something that is not mentioned over here. He suggest me that if you are having any DDNS service activated then at that time you will need to save the setting every time, because it helps to refresh all the settings and also this thing includes the re-updating DynDNS even in the case if your IP address has not changed. And also he told me that 54G/L series routers didn't do this. According to him I start saving the setting more while using the router and found that he was suggesting me true fact and this helps me a lot in my case. So here also I will suggest you to try with saving the setting again and again and it will helps to resolve your problem.

Hey friends, I have the case number now and also I have decided to do an experiment tonight. The experiment to see that DynDNS block me or not if I lock down the setting for more than 4-5 hours? For that reason I lock down my setting for the 5 hours and after that when I came back, I see that DynDNS has not been updated and one thing more that I notice over there is I have been blocked. In this case I think that there has some theory behind this. Because updating is done 6 hours lease runs out, and if this will be the case then at that time I will be able to see this thing.

Ok, but when I try with the same then I found that after locking down the setting it has been 18 hours and still after that I found that DynDNS has not been updated. And also I have not been blocked. At this time I am able to understand the main problem. I think that the router will only going to update the DynDNS when we click on the save setting. And also in this case I would like to suggest that before making any router update, first disable DDNS.

Yes dude, I am also seeing the same problem but in the different way. I am having the Netgear WNCE-2001 configured onto the E4200 which is using the WPS. And while changing everything, I save it, and after that I have to do the WPS again. Since I am saving everything when the configuration of the router changed and I found that DHCP addresses are being reused I this case. So over there I need to do the WPS again. And one more thing I would like to say you that is, I am not having the same issue with the other router which I am having with me. So in your case I will suggest you that you can change the router configuration without having the WPS have to be re-done. Try for that and hope that it will help in your case also.

I tried with the suggestion, but it doesn’t works for me. I am trying to update the BIOS of my computer in the hope that it will help in my case. But if any of you find the proper suggestion for it then please report me back. Hope that some one will suggest me the proper suggestion that will work in my case

For understanding the problem I done as you suggested above and I am thinking that it will be done easily without having any updates and without getting block, then at that time I will think that the problem is understood to me and I can easily resolve that problem. I think that if that will be the cases then when I am fiddling at that time I will just try to turn off the DDNS client. And if there also I get blocked then I will call the tech support for that and they had told me that they will open the bug report.

Friends, I am also using the same Linksys E4200 router. When I bought it at that time it was working to good but after few weeks it start giving the problem to me. So for that resolving this problem I visit on the so many forums and there I found the suggestion which is of no use for me. So I keep on the searching for the suggestion and here I also found some of the suggestion which are working in my case also. So I would like to say thanks to all of you because the suggestion present over there are working in my case. After using these all suggestion I found that I am able to resolve problem.