Thread: How to disconnect DD-WRT from a Linksys WRT54G2 v1 and upgrade to default Linksys firmware.

How to disconnect DD-WRT from a Linksys WRT54G2 v1 and upgrade to default Linksys firmware.

I had previously Installed the “DD-WRT” firmware on my Linksys WRT54G2 version 1 router thinking that it would be better for me but now I have started facing the connection dropping problem the connection is just not staying stable so now I am thinking of reverting back to my original Linksys firmware but I don’t know how to remove the DD-WRT. Any help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

re: How to disconnect DD-WRT from a Linksys WRT54G2 v1 and upgrade to default Linksys firmware.

What all you have to do is just go to the Linksys support pages of your router and then just download the Linksys firmware for your router keep in mind that you have to download it for your router model and version and after you download it just upload it to your router through the web interface and make sure that the dd-wrt have the firmware upgrade function in your web interface and then it will be done and your firmware will be upgraded. Hope that helps you.

re: How to disconnect DD-WRT from a Linksys WRT54G2 v1 and upgrade to default Linksys firmware.

Even I am having the same problem but I know the process of removing the dd-wrt firmware from my router and I have also downloaded the Linksys firmware for my router model keeping the version in mind but then when I am trying to upload it to my router I am unfortunately getting a message saying upgrade failed. I don’t know what is going wrong is there anyone who have an idea about this and can help me to solve it out as well. Helping suggestion will be appreciated.

I think you have downloaded the wrong firmware for your model you have to download Maybe you downloaded the wrong firmware file Firmware 1.7 MB and TFT Utility, so make sure you have downloaded the right ones and after downloading it just Double click on the tftp.exe file and then just run it and for the server just Enter the IP Address of the router which you have been assigned which is normally ‘192.168.1.1’ by default and then for Password just enter the router’s default password which is generally “admin” by default and then for the File just Click on the “…” button and then browse the .bin firmware file and then just Click on the Upgrade button and then A progress bar will be running and later will end with the completion of the process and your firmware for your router will be upgraded.

You can also try this out once you have completed the upgradation process. What all you have to do is just press and hold the reset button for approximately 30 seconds and later just Release the reset button and then Unplug the power cable connected to your router and then just wait for 30 seconds and again re-connect the power cable and then later re-configure your router. You can perform this if you think there might be some problem with the router as well this process basically refreshes your router.

If your problem seems to have not been solved by all the above solution which are used to generally solve this kind of problem then you can just go for a simple flash with official Linksys firmware but if it still does not for you then I will suggest you to report your problem in any dd-wrt forum may be they would have been reported of the same problem previously and might have came up with a solution for it and which you can try to solve your problem as well.

Yes do report to any DD-WRT forums because I have seen that there are a no of people who have been reporting their problem while trying to flash back to their default Linksys firmware, I have probably noticed some who have claimed that they have been able to revert back to their default and original firmware by the upgradation process. So you might set some help to solve it out if they would have experienced the same problem as that of yours. Best of luck.