Thread: E4200 Media server not working properly

E4200 Media server not working properly

I have bought a E4200 media server and I have connected usb drive to it and then activated the media server option and have added a share for my videos as well and I am very well able to upload my files with the help of “unc” access but I don’t know why my OS (windows 7) Is not able to see the media server on the network. By now I have tried changing the setup and have also tried changing the name of the media server and during this I has noticed that the media server had appeared for some seconds and then disappeared again. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: E4200 Media server not working properly

Your problem appears to be familiar to me as I have found a lot of people with the same you can try to contact the tech support for help as many people have done the same thing but they have not yet got a perfect solution for the same more no of people reporting the same problem to them might pressurize them and they may finally come up to fix this issue. I have found that no router even the leading ones does not work as they are promised to work there has always been issue with every router all the time.

Even I was facing the same problem while using the 1.0.0.2 version and even I tried all the ways that I could have tried but then nothing seemed to have helped. Later after my last try I reverted back to the 1.0.0.1 version and then the things started working well as the use to work when I was having them previously before I had moved to 1.0.0.2 version but after a few days I again tried activating the 1.0.0.2 version an I don’t know how it started working well.I know this does not sound like an solution but I actually have solved my problem by this. You can also check it out in order to see if it works for you as well or not.

I am having kind of same problem but mine appears to be more severe after I have upgraded to .02 firmware I have unfortunately lost even my usb power management my usb drive was working fine by now until it had turned off suddenly and later when I tried deleting all the files in order to repair it the router was somehow restored my usb power management but the Media server still appears to be broken. I don’t know what to do now. Is there anyone who can help me out with this problem?

I thought that E4200 does not work well with the old firmware as it required constant rebooting so I have now installed the new firmware thinking that it will probably solve my problem but now I have realized that my router is now being completely unusable and now I am just hating it and I am now willing it to return it right away to them rather than just waiting for the firmware come out with a solution in order to fix their broken feature. So I will suggest you the same instead of sitting there and wasting more time.

This is not the first product which is not working as it was specified for and this won’t be the last as well as the electronic products available today and especially the product of technology are likely not to work as per their advertise. The companies delivering these products just concentrate on their profit and they are just in a hurry to launch their new and latest product without solving the errors and bugs of their previous products and version. So we cannot expect much from them then just getting the product replaced instead of getting the product error solved.

I completely agree to your point that the IT and the hardware product never fulfill all the functions they are featured too. The manufacturers are now just concentrating on more and more profit just by releasing their latest version of product every second week they are now not working for customer satisfaction they are just trying to get more and more money from their customer though they have service centers to solve any problem with the products bit even they fails to solve it and just replace it.So even you can go to the service center and get it replaced rather than cracking your head to solve it out on your own.