Thread: Linksys E4200 with Mac OS X Lion (10.7)

Linksys E4200 with Mac OS X Lion (10.7)

Hello! I'd prefer to know depending on if you chaps are taking on a backing for Mac OS X Lion (10.7) subsequent to I’ve purchased a Linksys E4200 and I’d would give just about anything to utilize it whenever soon! The CD which was combined in the container on top of the router is essentially useless subsequent to it continues telling me that my OS is unsupported, any plans?

Re: Linksys E4200 with Mac OS X Lion (10.7)

You are able to set it like a pro by sorting in 192.168.1.1 into your network browser. The username field might as well be alternating spotless and the password is "admin". You totally don't require the CD unless you are attempting to offer a USB printer through the router.

We are on the same situation, for some explanation the linksys E3200 Works with OS Tiger unlike the E4200 (I changed in for the E3200) It makes a point not to back Tiger (OS 10.4.11) not, one or the other Lion (OS 10.7) I called Tech Support and they were equipped to help me because I might not do an Install on my old Powerbook G4 nor my unique Mac Book Pro or my iMac which both are OS Lion. They will manage you to run the setup manually which it took us like 30 min. They moreover advised me that they are tackling the brand new product update for OS Lion and it might as well be released whenever soon, the tech back chap did not would like to affirm a date but if my counts are right it might as well be available. Until now I do have wireless virtual world but I am able to guarantee you that this router is not working to its full competencies, so I unequivocally need to sit and hold up, attempt calling them.

I'm in the same scrape; I have a USB printer, a 2011 Macbook Air and need to print via wireless via the E4200, and subsequently the just strategy to do that is thru the Cisco Connect software. It would be ideal if you let us know when the upgrade is ready, so I could probably start printing thru the E4200.

I have printer connected to my E3200 USB and can print to it from my MS Windows PC, but without Cisco Connect tackling my Mac, is there whatever possible approach to join to this printer?

When I acquired the E3200 well-nigh four months back now, it expressed on the crate that you might connect a printer to it. When I got the router home, it did not have this ability. The Cisco network post declared it could be arriving in a "fate update". Well, the redesign at long last came, and now this upset OS X lion. I doubt that I'll ever get to print via wireless from this thing.

For those of us who updated to OS X Lion 10.7, I don’t think there is way to put a USB printer in the E3200 through the net interface. As Cisco Connect application has not been updated for OS X 10.7 and we possess no data on when this may (if ever) happen, I could anyhow access my printer in some method. Unfortunately, I lack the capacity to actually connect the USB printer straight to my Mac in light of the fact that I need to different computers that are ready to print through the E3200 USB port and I would like to disturb that setup.

I have heard an article where they have mentioned about the release of a new version of Cisco Connect freshly. Be that as it may situation is that when you install and run the setup, there is no choice for a USB printer. This variant just has a choice for a wireless printer, although the Windows form has an alternative for "Printers" that heads to alternatives for a wireless printer and a USB printer. Notwithstanding this isn't specified in the release notes.

It appears peculiar USB is not supported, in spite of the fact that it is posted in the release notes. I am downloading it now for the purpose that I am able to at any rate access Cisco Connect. Cheerfully the printer alters turns out soon.

No alternative to join a USB printer. It's freaky, in light of the fact that I have a PC running Vista that is associated to the USB printer joined to my E3200, and in addition a Mac running OS X (10.6) Snow Leopard. Not beyond any doubt what the hang up is with OS X Lion. Since anybody can get this to go with the E3200 and OS X Lion, please post how.