Thread: Netgear WNDR3700 is not able to port forward

Netgear WNDR3700 is not able to port forward

Guys I do practice port forwarding and after having tried it for several months when I had got the Netgear 28 WNDR3700 I was not able to port forward at all. don’t know what’s the problem with it. I am sure that you all will be having some knowledge of it that’s what I want to say here. after having checked it in the router manager of the netgear I was not able to get any clue out of it. That’s what I want to say here. so any ideas why I was not able to get that done any suggestions guys that you want to incorporate then do suggest me as soon as possible over here. I hope you will do that for me.

re: Netgear WNDR3700 is not able to port forward

Quote Originally Posted by Banadinovich View Post
    Guys I do practice port forwarding and after having tried it for several months when I had got the Netgear 28 WNDR3700 I was not able to port forward at all. don’t know what’s the problem with it. I am sure that you all will be having some knowledge of it that’s what I want to say here. after having checked it in the router manager of the netgear I was not able to get any clue out of it. That’s what I want to say here. so any ideas why I was not able to get that done any suggestions guys that you want to incorporate then do suggest me as soon as possible over here. I hope you will do that for me.
    Look dude first and the foremost thing you need to do here is that check whether the public ip is on the wan of 3700. That’s the most important thing while doing the port forwarding method, that’s what I am saying here. so go ahead and try out with the method that I have given you hope that will be of good use for you, so that’s it from my side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pabloa View Post
    Look dude first and the foremost thing you need to do here is that check whether the public ip is on the wan of 3700. That’s the most important thing while doing the port forwarding method, that’s what I am saying here. so go ahead and try out with the method that I have given you hope that will be of good use for you, so that’s it from my side.
    Ok thanks for telling me about that but still I have a silly question in my mind about the same which I would like to confirm it with you. just tell me in which section should I go so that so that I will be able to change that respective value. I mean I am talking about the netgear router manager, so which section should I change so that I can get the necessary value, any ideas guys please do let me know about it. I am waiting for the necessary help guys.

Ok thanks for telling me about that but still I have a silly question in my mind about the same which I would like to confirm it with you. just tell me in which section should I go so that so that I will be able to change that respective value. I mean I am talking about the netgear router manager, so which section should I change so that I can get the necessary value, any ideas guys please do let me know about it. I am waiting for the necessary help guys.
    Go to the router gui section and in that go to the router status tab and in that you will find the wan value and there you need to change the value, so that is what you should be doing and making the necessary changes. So that’s what I want to say here. hope you did get the necessary information on the same that’s what I am saying here. so I hope I have answered out all the necessary questions of yours and in case if there is any doubt in your mind about the same then do let me know as soon as possible on the same. Waiting for the help. Do tell me about it as soon as possible.

Go to the router gui section and in that go to the router status tab and in that you will find the wan value and there you need to change the value, so that is what you should be doing and making the necessary changes. So that’s what I want to say here. hope you did get the necessary information on the same that’s what I am saying here. so I hope I have answered out all the necessary questions of yours and in case if there is any doubt in your mind about the same then do let me know as soon as possible on the same. Waiting for the help. Do tell me about it as soon as possible.
    I don’t know but I am not getting any method by which I would be able to change the value and it is definitely not happening here, can you all tell me why is that so? why I am not able to change the value can you please tell me I am waiting for the reply guys I mean I need to get this as soon as possible.

I don’t know but I am not getting any method by which I would be able to change the value and it is definitely not happening here, can you all tell me why is that so? why I am not able to change the value can you please tell me I am waiting for the reply guys I mean I need to get this as soon as possible.
    So what do you mean to say that you don’t have a public ip by which you would be able to change the value, cmon answer my question what I am asking here. so that I can tell some answers about the same, so do answer it out what I am asking here, be quick.

So what do you mean to say that you don’t have a public ip by which you would be able to change the value, cmon answer my question what I am asking here. so that I can tell some answers about the same, so do answer it out what I am asking here, be quick.
    You know what I opened up the port which you had asked me to open up and I did accordingly the same I opened up the router status tab and there I did find various sections such as internet port, lan wirless port, guest network. But there I could not find any way by which I would be able to change the values at all. I don’t know how to do that may be you all will be able to tell me something about the same, that would be better I feel. that’s what I am saying here. so suggest me something on the same on what do you all think about the same, that’s what I am saying here. please do give me a genuine reply with the solution and if there is some steps that are required make sure that you incorporate with it as soon as possible.

You know what I opened up the port which you had asked me to open up and I did accordingly the same I opened up the router status tab and there I did find various sections such as internet port, lan wirless port, guest network. But there I could not find any way by which I would be able to change the values at all. I don’t know how to do that may be you all will be able to tell me something about the same, that would be better I feel. that’s what I am saying here. so suggest me something on the same on what do you all think about the same, that’s what I am saying here. please do give me a genuine reply with the solution and if there is some steps that are required make sure that you incorporate with it as soon as possible.
    I don’t know how to explain you first check up for the public ip any ip if it is 192.x.xx. or 10.x.x then consider that it is not at all public rest all of them are public. So just check it out under the internet port and see it from there if it is a public port or not. You should check it out that first and if you are able to get it then you should make the necessary changes as soon as possible.

I don’t know how to explain you first check up for the public ip any ip if it is 192.x.xx. or 10.x.x then consider that it is not at all public rest all of them are public. So just check it out under the internet port and see it from there if it is a public port or not. You should check it out that first and if you are able to get it then you should make the necessary changes as soon as possible.
    No I cannot find anything of that sort. Well all the ips are appearing to be starting with the 192. I know that’s a sad situation, any ideas?

No I cannot find anything of that sort. Well all the ips are appearing to be starting with the 192. I know that’s a sad situation, any ideas?
    Quite sure that you are having the private ip address, I would advise you to disable NAT on modem by setting it to bridge mode.
    I think that will be a method to give a shot for sure and that will be a good use for you that’s what I feel. so go ahead and try out this one method and may look out for the public ip as well, that’s what I am trying to say it to you. so hope you did understood what I am saying here, that’s it from my side for you.

Re: Netgear WNDR3700 is not able to port forward

Download and upgrade to a new firmware tahts what you should be doig none other method will work for you, that’s what I am saying here, so that’s what I want to say here. even I had the same problem some time ago and there also I had the same issue. don’t know as soon as I shoifted and got a new firmware for the router and it worked out really well. So just check if there is a new firmware for your router and hence that’s what you should be doing, I am sure that it will be of good use for you. do let me know if that was of any good use for you, do let me know about it as soon as possible on the same.