Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-09-2011

Getting limited or no connectivity message with Linksys BEFSR41 V3

From last some days I experience some issues with my Linksys BEFSR41 V3. With my Linksys BEFSR41 V3 router I have connected to computers and whenever I connect the router with my first computer at that time I get limited or no connectivity message. now please tell me is that anything wrong with my computer or there is something wrong with my router only.
Old 19-09-2011

Re: Getting limited or no connectivity message with Linksys BEFSR41 V3

It looks like there might be something with your computer only. if you have installed any antivirus program then turn it off and after that check whether you are able to connect the internet or not. some time if our antivirus program can also block the connection. first check this and after that see what happens.
Old 19-09-2011

You should try to solve this issue by assigning the static IP in your computer and after assigning the address your problem will get solved.
Old 19-09-2011

if you want to assign the static IP address in your computer then you have to follow this steps and after that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. First you have to right click on the Local area connection and after that you have to select the properties. Now after selecting the properties you have to select the internet protocol then click on the properties. after that you have to select the use following IP address and after that you have to put the ip address in this manner.

Enter the IP address 192.168.10
Sub net mask 255.255.255.0
Default gateway 192.168.1.1

After that you have to select the DNS server and then enter that address according to this

Preferred DNS addresses 4.2.2.2
Alternate DNS addresses 4.2.2.3

After that you have to click on the Ok and then you have to restart the computer and then check whether problem get solved or not.
Old 19-09-2011

To solve this issue you have to open the command prompt window by typing the CMD and in run option. now after that you have to type "ipconfig /all" and after that you have to do the same setting in the othewr computer in which you are getting the limited connectivity message. after that your problem will get solved easily.
Old 19-09-2011

If you are not able to solve this problem by trying the above mentioned solution then you have to first uninstall the Linksys BEFSR41 V3 drivers from your computer and after uninstalling the Linksys BEFSR41 V3 drivers you have to install the Linksys BEFSR41 V3 drivers again after restarting the computer and after installing the Linksys BEFSR41 V3 drivers you have to check whether you are still getting the limited connectivity message or not. as far as I know after reinstalling the Linksys BEFSR41 V3 drivers you will not get limited connectivity message.
Old 19-09-2011

After looking at your given solution I have first tried to solve this issue by adding the static IP address in my computer and when I have add the static IP address after following your given steps and after that when I restart the computer after that also get the same issue.

I have also tried to do the same setting according to another computer but that doesn?t help me.

also reinstalled the drivers but still no joy.

If anyone have anymore solution regarding this then please help me.
Old 19-09-2011
Members

did you tried to solve this issue by uninstalling the old drivers from your computer and installing the updated drivers of your Linksys BEFSR41 V3 router. if you have not tried this yet then first download the drivers of your Linksys BEFSR41 V3 router by clicking here DOWNLOAD DRIVERS and after downloading that drivers you have to install that in your computer. After that your problem might get solved.
Old 19-09-2011

Similar thing happen with me also and after that I have contact the Cisco support and after that they have told me that there is new firmware version is available on the internet and I have to update the firmware and after that I have tried that solution and after updating the firmware my problem get solved. You can also try this solution.
Old 21-09-2011

Thank you for helping me and providing me solution. After referring your given solution I have first downloaded updated drivers and installed and after that also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have update the firmware and after updating the firmware. my problem get solved. I really appreciate your help.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,