Thread: Some questions on connecting Netgear AGM731F with GS748Tv3

Some questions on connecting Netgear AGM731F with GS748Tv3

Guys now this is a tricky question that I have got for you all and I am expecting a response from you all on this. so it would be great of you all can give me some answer on it that would be a fun part for sure. now my question is that a few days ago I was trying to connect AGM731F Fiber card into Port 48. Now after having done that I realized that it had replaced the RJ45 port. Now the issue is that after I had installed AGM731F I was not able to see the spf link at all. that’s the issue. now I have two switched for the gbic cards and I can see that none of them responding to it. now the slots that are left behind are the g45,g46,g47,g48, now I want to override g48 with the gbic so is that possible will I be able to do that, any ideas anyone? Do share it with me over here. That will be much better for me guys. So that’s what I am saying here. waiting for the necessary help.

Re: Some questions on connecting Netgear AGM731F with GS748Tv3

I don’t think so you will be able to do that at all, that’s what I am saying here. Now that’s what I want to say here. it depends a lot on the fiber cable and all also the exchanges wire that are used in, that’s what it matters here. so that’s what I want to say here. Hope you have got the necessary information on the same. so that’s it from my side for you.

Well looking at the past history I don’t think so AGM731F SFP GBIC module has been effectively installed in a GS748T switch, that’s what I want to say here. You know looking at the past history I have not seen anyone using both of them for the connections. That’s what I am saying here. so hope you do have a good look at the same, that’s what I am saying here. Anyways what I want to say is that check out the resolution of that, it will be much better for you. that’s what I am saying here, so hope you have got the necessary information on the same, anything else that you want to know then do let me know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by $Nakul$ View Post
    Guys now this is a tricky question that I have got for you all and I am expecting a response from you all on this. so it would be great of you all can give me some answer on it that would be a fun part for sure. now my question is that a few days ago I was trying to connect AGM731F Fiber card into Port 48. Now after having done that I realized that it had replaced the RJ45 port. Now the issue is that after I had installed AGM731F I was not able to see the spf link at all. that’s the issue. now I have two switched for the gbic cards and I can see that none of them responding to it. now the slots that are left behind are the g45,g46,g47,g48, now I want to override g48 with the gbic so is that possible will I be able to do that, any ideas anyone? Do share it with me over here. That will be much better for me guys. So that’s what I am saying here. waiting for the necessary help.
    Now let me tell you that there is no separate section by which you will not be able to know that if it successfully installed or not. That’s what I want to say here. also one more thing that I would like to bring to your notice is that you should not be using the fiber cable as well as the copper one for the same. make sure that you are using any one of them and that’s it. you should be doing that. One more thing that you must be aware of is that you should check whether the fiber cable is having the same specification as that of the modules that are there in it, that’s what I want to say here. hope you have goit the necessary information on the same, so that’s it from my side for you all.

How about trying with the different slots, now if you have checked it with the logs you will get the idea of which cable is connected to which slots. So once of you get that idea of which slots are connected to the ports may be you will get an idea whats happening around and which slot to connect. This is what I can say here, that’s it from my side for you all.

Ok if you say that then it’s a worthy solution to give a try for the same, that’s what I am saying here, so that’s it from my side for you, that’s what I want to say here. talking about my personal experience I myself have installed many modules in the GS748t series. So there was no problem at all for me. that’s what I want to say here, so no issues there at all for me.