Thread: MAC address overwritten in Linksys WAP54G

Rajni Guest

MAC address overwritten in Linksys WAP54G

Someday before I was trying Linksys WAP54G router in with my laptop and I don’t during that what went wrong but it has changed the MAC address. This problem is very annoying for me. Please tell me what I should do to get back the original MAC address back. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: MAC address overwritten in Linksys WAP54G

This happens very rare because in any router MAC address is hardcoded so we cannot change it. but as you have said that your router MAC address has changed then first of all I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by resetting the router and after resetting the Linksys WAP54G router you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. as far as I know after resetting the Linksys WAP54G router your problem will get solved.

To reset your Linksys WAP54G router you have to first press the reset button which you will find on the back of the router and you have to press the reset button for 30 to 35 seconds and after that you have to open the web browser in your system and after that you have to type 162.168.1.1 after that configuration wizard will open. now you have to do all the setting again and after that check whether. I think by doing this your problem will get resolved.

As you have said that I have check all the setting and after that I have also reset the Linksys WAP54G router by doing the steps which you have suggested and after doing that also I was facing the same issue. is there any other way to solve this problem then please let me know.

Well according to me by doing the firmware upgrade you will be able to solve this issue. first you have to download the firmware upgrade installation file from the internet and after downloading that you have to update the firmware of the router and then your problem will get solved. try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

I was also facing the same problem and after that I have tried this solution and after that my problem gets solved. I think you should also try this solution and after that let me know.

you can find the firmware upgrade installation file over here DOWNLOAD. after click here you have to click on the download tab. after that you have to select the version at that time make sure you select the latest version and then it is download it and then update the firmware.

Rajni Guest

After referring the above solution I have downloaded the updated version of the firmware installation file and after downloading that I update the firmware and after updating the firmware my problem get solved. now MAC address is showing correctly. Thank you for helping me.