Thread: How to extend network to two rooms with 2 wireless linksys routers

How to extend network to two rooms with 2 wireless linksys routers

I am posting this here with the hope that someone will help me soon to do this. I am having the Linksys e3000 and a Linksys WRT120N. The Linksys e3000 is in my office and there is one cable that goes from the router to the living room in my house. I am not able to get the wireless signal into that room. I want to make use of the cable which is hanging there so that I will be able to make use of the other Linksys and have the wireless signal in the living room. So my query is that how can I able to set the second router in the living room without making any change to the master router.

Re: How to extend network to two rooms with 2 wireless linksys routers

I would like to tell you that I you wish to do that then you will have to turn off the DHCP on the 2nd router and choose one channel in order that it cannot be overlapped.

If you want to do that then you will have to wire a computer to the WRT120N and the open the interface at http://192.168.1.1/.
    1. From the main Setup page, modify the LAN IP address to 192.168.1.2 in place of 192.168.1.1.
    2. From the similar page, you will have to disable the DHCP server.
    3. Now save the changes.
    4. Finally unplug the computer and connect one LAN port of WRT120N in the E3000.

Now you are done with the settings and for the wireless you will have to make use of the identical SSID. And do remember to change the router password "admin" as well.

There is one more thing that you need to do. You must set every router to a different broadcast channel. If they are on similar channel then you can make use of a laptop otherwise printer within the area where it can detect both WAPs.

Do you wish to replace the router or you want to make use of the two same time on the similar network. As for as I know, while the SSIDs are identical then the device will only connect as well as stays on the nearby network as long as the keys match. This is the only thing that I can suggest you. Let’s see if we get some more explaining reply for this soon.

If the wireless settings for both the router are same then the wireless device that you are using will connect to only one. You will not have to change the settings for the wireless devices. So put the similar SSID, wireless security, passphrase. If that is all same then wireless devices must connect with either access point. Other than this, you must use the real security .e. WPA2 through AES and a sturdy passphrase.

Does the 2nd router need to have the logon data, or does it need to be removed? I'm utilizing my old WRT54GS which I actually put on the ledge with every last trace of the first insight on it. I altered the IP deliver to 192.168.1.2, incapacitated the DCHP and it is on Channel 11, and my Cisco is on Channel 6. This is a satellite setup, heading off to put the 2nd router on the 1st amaze, the PC area is straightforwardly beneath the Cisco router and the PC unequivocally would like to keep the union exist.

You should make sure that you have password protected the router and encompass wireless encryption enabled for both routers. Login info doesn't have to be the similar.

Both the channels ought to be better and at any rate 5 separated for most towering throughput. Since you utilize the same channel both access indicates primarily offer the good to go transfer speed on the channel, i.e. both access indicates consolidated can utilize the transfer speed. Since you utilize a few diverse, non-covering channels every right to gain entrance indicate can utilize the full good to go transfer speed on each channel.