Thread: Random disconnection of Linksys ae1000

Random disconnection of Linksys ae1000

Hello friends I have bought Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters and after that whenever I connect it with my computer and after connecting it with my computer whenever I try to copy large files over wireless at that time I lost the connection. Please tell me what I should do to solve this.

Re: Random disconnection of Linksys ae1000

connect your Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters and after connecting it with other computer you have to try to transfer large files again and after that check whether you get the same problem or not. If you don’t get the same problem after that then I think problem is with your computer only.

According to me you are using this problem because your system is not providing not enough power to the Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters and that is why you have to connect your Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters at the back of the cabinet and after connoting the Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters with the USB port at the back of the computer you have to check whether you are facing the same problem or not. you have to also try to solve this problem by disabling the power saving option of USB root hub because if the USB power saving mode is turned on then also this type of the problem can take place.

First you have to check whether USB power saving option is not enabled and if you find that option enabled then you have to disable it first and after disabling it you have to connect the Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters and then check whether you are facing the same problem or not.

As far as I know after trying above given tricks your problem will get solved. If you need any more information then let me know.

If you are using USB hub with your computer and after that you are trying to connecting the wireless adapters then you have to first remove the USB hub and aftr that connect directly and then see what happens.

If you don’t know about how to change the power saving option in your computer then you have to follow this procedure.

• First you have to open the device manger by right clicking on the my computer icon and after that you have to click on the properties.
    • After that you have to expand the USB option.
    • After that you have to right click on the USB root hub.
    • After that you have to click on the properties.
    • Now select the power management tab.
    • now uncheck the “Allow the computer to this off this device to save power” option.
    • after that click on the ok and it is done.

I think this problem is related to the drivers and that is why I will suggest you to uninstall the USB drivers from your computer and after that you have to restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to install the USB drivers again and it will fix this issue.

I will recommend you to uninstall the Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters driver from your computer and after uninstalling the Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters drivers you have to install the Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters drivers from the drivers CD which comes with the Linksys ae1000. now after installing the drivers you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not.

If you have already tried to solve this problem by reinstalling the Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters drivers and after reinstalling the drivers also if you are getting the same problem then I think you need to update the drivers. Go to the official site of the Cisco and after that you have to click on the download option and after that you have to select your product and after that download the drivers and after downloading the drivers you have to install that in your computer and after installing that in your computer when you try to transfer file at that time you will not get any issue.

If you want to download the latest drivers for your Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters then you have to first click here DOWNLOAD DRIVERS. now after clicking on that you have to download the drivers installation file and then install it in your computer.

If you are still having the same issue after trying all the solution then there might be something wrong with your Linksys ae1000 wireless adapters and you should contact the Cisco support and after that you have to tell about the problem which you are facing and after that your problem will get solved.

As you have said I have to reinstall the drivers and after referring that I have tried that and aftr that also same problem occurred. Now after that I have installed the updated drivers and after installing the updated drivers my problem get solved. Thank you for helping me.