Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-09-2011

Duplicate file names with Linksys E4200 media server

I am having the V.01 firmware and I found that when I reboot the router then I found the duplicate filenames on the HD which is associated with it thrugh the video file. Can you tell me that what folder otherwise file should I delete in order to make it to accomplish a clear rescan. Thank you in advance for reading and replying to this.
Old 19-09-2011

Re: Duplicate file names with Linksys E4200 media server

I want to ask that if you have tried with the FULL Scan till now. If not then you can attempt to do a full scan. If you do that then it will clear the entire previous library and then re-search each media file on HD attached. You will just get the new additions after quick scan.
Old 19-09-2011

I would like to tell you that the problem is with the Twonky. If you want to cure that then you will just have to delete the twonkymedia.db folder which is in your hard drive. Once you are done with that then run the full rescan on hard drive. This will possibly require you to initially run the hdd unswervingly to your computer, as the parts of the database will still be in hand if hooked up with the router. I did the same and it worked for me. So I hope that it will do the same for you.
Old 19-09-2011

First observation for a router is that the E4200 is rather elegant. In any case much more than the electric blue that Linksys products could get used in the past. The matter is about the coating, the central band as metal, soft corners, no doubt, this design is successful. However, it is regrettable that the LED indicators for network activity is limited to their simplest expression.
Old 19-09-2011

Though in the spartan mode "advanced", the interface is rather clear along with the designed. Note the limited number of DDNS services available (for domain name redirects intelligible to the real IP addresses). The standard options are still useful: a firewall (such as SPI, the current standard), a redirect page to configure network ports for specific applications (online games, Torrent, peer to peer) a page of parental control, many other advanced settings.
Old 19-09-2011

You set up the Cisco Connect software in three simple steps, a secure wireless network, customize your settings and integrate Internet devices in your network. Susceptibility to interference and security basically decreases with n-standard routers, the data rate if butt in routers in the neighborhood. The E4200 looks once upon switching to the undisturbed free channels.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,