Thread: Signal is weaker with N band than G band when MP600N PCI connecting to Linksys WRT610N router

Signal is weaker with N band than G band when MP600N PCI connecting to Linksys WRT610N router

I have a WMP600N PCI card connecting to a WRT610N router. I get a weaker signal when I unite to the N band (5 GHz) than the G band (2,8Ghz). Why is that? In what manner might as well I set up my router/PCI card to get the greatest performance?

Re: Signal is weaker with N band than G band when MP600N PCI connecting to Linksys WRT610N router

In the first place of all could such as to make it clear that in consideration of WRT610N is a double band router, would not joke about this has 5 GHz recurrence as well as 2.4 GHz Frequency. That would not joke about this have 2 frequencies (5 GHz & 2.4 GHz) with one band. So both the frequencies have N-band. Now provided that you are getting weaker signals then can do the emulating steps:
    • # Open the Router Setup page.
    • # Click on Wireless Tab.
    • # Select Channel Width to 20 MHz Only and Standard Channel to 149 or 161
    • # But try not to create any changes for 2.4 GHz. Then Click on Save Settings.
    • When doing the proposed settings perceive the strength of the Signal.

Re: Signal is weaker with N band than G band when MP600N PCI connecting to Linksys WRT610N router

I've attempted almost every last trace of the combination and I still get a frail signal. I'm beginning to suspect a defect NIC. I'll do advance testing with alternate NICs.

The Linksys WRT610N is the first true dual-N-band wireless router. it supports both the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz Draft N simultaneously. Hence I hope that this is not the problem because the router works with both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Draft N simultaneously. In that situation I thought this might be the cable connection problem. Some think like the cable connected between the router and wireless adaptor is very long. In that case, you need to use specific device for extend the signal between this two networking device.

I suggest you to choose the N mode only for doing this connection. See some times it could be happen that user might be try some experiment on their own thinking and hence it gives such problem. in that case we need to use only Dual N band signal that work to make this connection.

Once you would be able to attempt with some more settings like: Open up the Router setup page and head over to Wireless Tab then click on Advanced Wireless settings. Under Advanced Wireless Settings update Beacon Interval to 75, Fragmentation Threshold to 2306, and RTS Threshold to 2307. Give an attempt of these settings simultaneously.