Thread: Linksys WRT54G Netflix for ROKU streaming player

Linksys WRT54G Netflix for ROKU streaming player

More time is spent downloading than viewing motion picture. Is 54Mbts fast enough? Are there settings that are wrong? Link source requires that there is no corruption on their side.

Re: Linksys WRT54G Netflix for ROKU streaming player

Same with me so I the need to move the ROKU to a place where I could probably wire it to my router then after that have an observation. Anyhow If I move the ROKU to the router it should not span a TV, but I may have the ability to move the modem upstairs and utilize the TV enter to the modem, and wire that to the ROKU. The outlet expresses the max download iis 10,240Kbps. I am not confident what you mean by access indicates. I am in a lone tribe house with simply the several units being fixed.

On the PC side I regularly download registration sheets from Ancestry website and it ordinarily takes 3-5 seconds, even though it once in a while gets lost amidst expansive record downloads, e.g. Adobi update stopped at 916K of 5056.

Consistent with me you need to attempt modifying the channel on the wireless router or attempt to move ROKU a small closer to the router in the event that you are not getting a great sign or speed.

Also, wireless signal and speed depends on the range, physical earth (wall, glass, and ceiling) and different wireless devices/networks good to go nearby.

The wireless router is very nearly straight beneath the ROKU (i.e. in the wine cellar). The alteration channel guidelines appear clear enough, but are there relating updates wanted on the PC and ROKU to grasp a new channel seems to be utilized.

I talked with the ROKU individuals finally and their suggestion is to run over to channel 11 (it is now channel 6). I attempted to accompany the above channel, but every last trace of the alternatives appears to include associating a laptop to the router with an Ethernet line. I have not a laptop or an Ethernet string. Is there something i am absent? Dropping in the default IP address unequivocally sends me to a Bing page of discretionary posts.

Well, to update the settings on your router, you unequivocally require a computer wired to the router (for a short time) with an Ethernet link. That method you are able to gain entrance to the router's setup page and make the significant updates the ROKU chaps are inquiring to update on the router.

There's a debug mode on the Roku that you would be able to set with the Roku remote so it tells you both your system download speed and value:

5 Homes, 3 Rewinds, 2 Fast Forwards

Since you utilize the above arrangement of button prods on your remote, you'll get into this mode, and get info about what the Roku is seeing on your arrangement when you begin a film on Netflix (or where ever).
    My interaction has been that inasmuch as you would be able to get about 5Mb/s, you'll get "4 speck" value every last trace of the time. You need to have the capacity to get that with wireless-g, assuming that you have a great wireless signal. Obviously, if alternate folks are likewise offering your arrangement transfer speed, that will influence you simultaneously.