Thread: How to format Linksys E4200 USB NTFS

How to format Linksys E4200 USB NTFS

Can somebody tell me that how can I format drive for this through routers web based utility or can this be done as the same time as it is plugged to your computer and then connect that to the router. I know the steps that how can I format the drive through the web based utility with FAT system but that is restricted to 4 GB file. Can somebody help me with this?

Re: How to format Linksys E4200 USB NTFS

In my case, I have connected that directly with the laptop and then formatted that to NTFS and after that connected it with the router. This is working great for me without any problem.

If you want then you can just connect the drive with the router and then open the setup page of the router and the go to the Storage tab. If you want then you can format the disk as FAT32 then choose disk that you want for formatting and click on the Format Disk. If you have formatted the disk with more than 2 partition and you format that again then it will delete all the partition and will make a single partition. There is one other way for this and that is you can connect the drive with the computer and then format that to NTFS and connect that with the router.

You can simply plug the drive in the computer and then shrink the FAT partition through 200+ GB. Now create a new NTFS partition not less than your total file size and then shift all the contents to that NTFS partition and remove the FAT partition. Now you can expand the NTFS partition so that it can fill the drive. I am telling this with the assumption that you are having more than 500 GB of hard drive.

It will be better for you to contact the support and ask the same thing to them. They will tell you that what the exact way to do that is. This will be the best way for you to get the answer.