Thread: NETGEAR ProSafe GS105E is not in a similar subnet error

NETGEAR ProSafe GS105E is not in a similar subnet error

I just acquired a GS105E and ran into a failure actually attempting to gain entrance to the switch. I commissioned the most current form of the prosafe utility. The utility can spot the switch; on the other hand, when I attempt to gain entrance to the switch it hangs a spot and afterward gives me this content "The switch and chief IP location are not in the same subnet!" and denies me promote access. I am on a 192.168.1.xxx subnet but the switch is on a 192.168.0.xxx subnet. Any assistance with this issue could be valued.

re: NETGEAR ProSafe GS105E is not in a similar subnet error

The utility most unbelievably provides a way to set the IP location of the switch-utilize it to set an IP location in the same subnet as the machine you are utilizing, before trying to gain entrance to the switch. In the farfetched occasion that the utility makes a point not to, set a makeshift static location in the switch's subnet, access the switch and update the IP location as needed.

The book guarantees that if the switch makes a point not to get a DCHP IP, it defaults to the 0.239 one. Well, I have DHCP and it did not get one so I got the same thing. Just way to get around it is to update your subnet to 192.168.0.* then set a static IP and about-face to your past reach. I did see that the last firmware is 1.0.14 so perhaps that fixes the DHCP issue.

The issue you are having is one of essential network lecturing-and the most effortless course around it is to for a time situated a static on the host you are gaining entrance to the switch from.

"Routing works flawlessly between the switch's and the supervisor's IP, but it declares they are in distinctive networks"-do you hold the few on the same network section or is there as a matter of fact a router between them? In the event that I am in the thick of it is no "tracking" occurring.

The Smart Wizard utilizes show engineering to "come across" the switch and can utilize this same engineering to set an IP location. Contact the manager straightforwardly to the switch and run the wiz.

In the event that you haven't destroyed your mechanism yet attempt checking the taking after:
    1. Check IP of your PC, if your workstation doesn't have an IP location of 192.168.0.x, then you're not in the same subnet as the GS105E
    2. If you have a wireless connector impair it, now and again Windows sets your satellite network as your essential network which can create situations when utilizing the utility.

For a consumer product it is a mess of steps to know to get it working. Probably in the destiny, to upgrade the user encounter:
    -a manual will swap the A1 poster, or anyhow...
    -The .pdf manual could be part of the CD and...
    -The default IP could be 192.168.1.239 rather than 192.168.0.239

Prosafe isn't consumer side of NETGEAR. Yet, home users (customers) do still buy the products.