Thread: Blue light dome in Netgear WNDR3400

Blue light dome in Netgear WNDR3400

I have Netgear N600 wireless router and I am very happy with the product in all-purpose. This model has the dome of blue light that show the movement of the antenna turned off by clicking on the dome light. A few days ago I noticed that the lights were turned on, the flash of a second or two then off again. This is repeated every few minutes or less. I have checked the dome light goes out so I feel it is trying to get my attention, but I cannot find anything in the router log file or any other signs of problems.

Re: Blue light dome in Netgear WNDR3400

I have the same trouble. It is difficult to find a direct answer to this exact trouble. Most people just said to turn off the lights by pressing the button, but it’s off now.

I think I comprehend somewhere that it is a hardware failure or power to reach much of the power adapter.

I just got one of these too. My information is that you do not press the illuminated dome lights turn on and off. There are eight lights (two groups of four) indicating that both the transfer of 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz transmission. From the user interface can enter the router firmware and enable or disable any transceiver (I turned off my 5GHz because I do not utilize). Pressing the dome has to do with WPS (WiFi Protected Setup), which is an additional feature of the router, and I'm not positive what it is or how to use.

WPS is a simple setup of Wi-Fi WiFi devices compatible with WPS.

WPS clicking on the router, it will wait for the start of the Wi-Fi to connect. In the back of the router and router interface is not a PIN code that is used. This is not the same as the encryption key you think.

If the setting does not seem to work properly. Contact Netgear support for the exact function that should be expecting.