Thread: Any new firmware for netgear WN2000RPT router?

Any new firmware for netgear WN2000RPT router?

HI, I am using netgear WN2000RPT router from last couple of months and I have feel that the firmware that I am using is getting insulated as the day passes and that’s why I am about to install any newer firmware to the router, but don’t know whether that is available or not, in fact I don’t know which version I am using currently in my router.

Is there anyone having same router and had installed any other version apart from the launch version? If so then please mentioned me that version so that I can download it, and please mentioned the installation steps as well.

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Any new firmware for netgear WN2000RPT router?

No I don’t think they have released any version after lunching this router. But still if suppose you are having any network connection problem with the current firmware then according to you should update the firmware the firmware that you are using, you might be thinking that how can you update it while there isn’t such software available, but still you can simply reinstall the same version again in your router. I have done it for two to three times.

And as you have mentioned that you don’t know how you can do that update, you can simply refer their own site for installation procedure or simply hire any good network engineer for the same, but off course be aware as you must have to pay for this.

I am also pretty unsure about the fact as whether any newer firmware is available or not, and I have called the technical support as well, but they even don’t know about this.

But still I done it before very long time, but would like to suggest you that you should try to contact them and see what they are saying.

I would like to mentioned it here as the firmware you are looking to have is available and you can download it from the official website.

I have contacted the service center and they also told me about this, but still when I was searching the product in their official website I didn’t get the one for which I was looking.

Will you please mentioned downloading link so that I can have that firmware for my router,

Anyways thanks for confirming.

I agree with the above user as There is a new firmware (ver. 1.0.1.20) is available for the device you have and you can simply download it from here.

but even I don’t know how to update it, but sure there would be some explanation in the manual for sure, thus you can go through the manuals as well.