Thread: Constant reboot with netgear WG103

Constant reboot with netgear WG103

I have 4 netgear wg103 in office environment, all far away and all on different channels. They work very well after a reboot, and work all day with about 25 users on the network at any given time, but towards the end of the day starts to move slowly towards the Internet for wireless users, I mean crawling. But if I reset all access points of an instant speed boost and the whole thing is back to normal. They all run the same SSID and the latest firmware, is there something I am missing in the configuration there is a cache or something that is blocked and cleared restart I do not know, but it’s a pain in another location and I have 4 netgear WG102 never have to reboot the system strong, and have been in operation for 2 full years. Please help me.

Re: Constant reboot with netgear WG103

Have you try by reducing the Access Point unit and see which unit may cause the issues?

I have not tried it is not just an area that slows down the whole wireless world throughout the building on this experience, no matter which access point is connected to, all running on the POE FS726TP connected to, so just turn the power switch and go all back to normal and will last for 12 hours fine, then slows to a crawl until you power off the access points.

Make sure switch is not established to move forward 48volts on poe.

Well I checked and rechecked, and I'm at a loss, I'm running on channels 3 1,6,11 wg103 all powered by a POE FS726TP. I have to power cycle the switch every day for the resumption of all access points. The reason is after a reboot, all my wireless clients are happy, the performance is what should be and everything is zippy, say I do a restart at 8 am, and has 30 clients on a regular basis during the day, around 15:00 wireless network slows to a crawl, and Web pages take forever to load, if you reboot the switch, everything is back to normal.

I do not know where the rupture, all access points are having this problem, I tested each on different days to try to isolate all access points have the latest firmware version 0.25 installed, any ideas? Or should I look for when buying different access points in another office, we WG102 is installed in the exact same way and those of 24 / 7 365, no hassles and no need to reboot ever, although the wg103 going to run the very little additional benefit to a child, I was wrong.

Simply reset the switch fixed? ONLY WGXX or restart solves troubles, while the switch is running as it is?

i am also facing this trouble with the WG103 access points, I have several and exposure all the same problems mentioned here. The 103s are used here through a larger network and WNDAP350 mixed with 302s (nice AP). They feed on different switches. The 103AP each independently appears to decrease the individual AP and restart fixes the problem. As mentioned, the performance begins to decrease to a central PC host crawl and cannot get an IP. I have traded with many WG302V2, which have always been rock solid. I would keep the 103s, but I'd like to see a solution before re-introduce these back into the infrastructure. Thanks for your time.

I reset the switch, just because it is easier to disconnect each WAP, but for testing purposes, I restarted each WAP and left the switch up, while the same problem and the problems disappeared as if you restart the switch, so the problem is with the WAP, they work great for about 5-6 hours of intensive use, and then just slow to a crawl and stop allowing new users to connect.

When I ordered these things in the back of my mind I should have gone with the WG102 confidence we have in another place that has been running strong for 2 years with no downtime.

I spoke to netgear people yesterday and they told me to wait for some time. At moment they are trying to fix this entire problem and will release firmware update as soon as possible. So we don’t have anything to do apart from waiting.