Thread: D-LInk DIR-615 dropping wireless connection

D-LInk DIR-615 dropping wireless connection

Hi everyone,

My new DIR-615 keeps dropping the wireless connection every 2-3 days. When it happens, wired computers work fine, but none of 5 computers can connect wirelessly, saying "Windows was unable to connect to [SSID]". We have to reboot the router to get it working again. The router has the latest firmware. I tried to disable channel auto-scan, and changed channel 3 or 4 times and the issue is still occuring. This is obviously not an OS issue.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you

Re: D-LInk DIR-615 dropping wireless connection

Hello you have to disable the all firewalls and the Antivirus presents in your system. And try it after that and if still the problem is arriving then I will suggest you to reinstall the most up to date drivers for your wireless card and try it again. And even it is also not helpful then I will suggest you to low your router security and troubleshoot it properly. And as you are saying that you are getting some message saying "Windows was unable to connect to [SSID]" so this is happening because mac filters, hidden SSID and WPA2 are able to disable your connection at what time you are using router with faulty firmware. I hope this will help you.

Thank you. But I am 100% sure this has nothing to do with Antivirus, firewall or drivers. ALL 5 client computers, including an iPhone, are suddenly being dropped by the router and not able to reconnect, all at the exact same time. That's why it is not an issue with either the operating system or the client computers. Mac filters as well as hidden SSID are not enabled. I cannot lower security; putting WPA/WEP instead of WPA2 is too risky for where I am located, but will try it temporarily. I will also try to restore the firmware even if it is already up to date and see if it works.

There are many people facing similar kind of wireless dropping problem with the D-LInk DIR-615 router and it seems to be a bug itself. Anyways, what you can do till the time is be sure to update to the latest drivers, and also the latest Windows patches. It is usually best to use Wireless Zero Configuration on your computer or laptop rather than the client software that comes with your wireless adapter.