Thread: Netgear router not being connected to the Internet

Netgear router not being connected to the Internet

I have a netgear WNDR3400 router that works immense on wireless network, also works enormous while an additional PC is plugged into LAN port 2 BUT will not hold an internet network connection on my main PC using LAN 1 and let me tell you as I am using Windows 7 64bit. It tries to obtain & does so temporarily but disconnects after few seconds.

I have tried everything possibly known to me, but didn’t work at all however.

Any idea what could be the problem, whether it is because of the router or its setting? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Netgear router not being connected to the Internet

As you have mentioned that when you try to connect other device it just lose the made connection that means there could be some problem in the settings only, you should make sure that you have allowed access to all the device rather than single one, or else it will not hold the connection for sure.

You should try to make sure whether the IP address to your computer and the router is set same. and apart from this the very most important thing is packet sizing in your router, make sure you have set perfect values, I have set 1536.

I think you should try to reinstall the NIC drivers in all the machine you have to connect to network.

Does your PC have the Intel Chipset Drivers? because I was also having the same problem and later I came to know that this is the glitch because of the driver.

Together with this I have found that I have to toggle among the intel wireless proprietary utility and the Windows wireless utility, and that actually rely where I am. If the Intel is controlling the whole thing, there should be a checkbox anywhere in the utility to assign Windows to manage computers. after that go into the windows and click connect to your WIFI, every so often this fixes it.

And If suppose window is managing the computer, go into the utility and have the Intel Utility control the device. simply vice versa.

make sure each and every computer has installed all the necessary drivers. and if still you are pursuing the same problem then you can simply flash the router or simply reset the router firmware.

You can have another option to hire a network engineer and then let him check what is the problem with the connection.

I think there could be some problem with Local Area Connection with network address connections. You should try to make sure that you have configure it’s property very well.

When you entered into its property there would be 13 connections list and all of them should be marked or checked. They are listed below.

• Client for Microsoft Networks

• PANDA NDIS IM Filter v.1.6.0.42

• QoS Packet Scheduler

• File & Printer Sharing for Microsoft Networks

• Realtek Teaming Protocol Driver (NDIS 6.0)

• Realtek Vlan Protocol Driver (NDIS 6.0)

• Realtek NDIS Protocol Driver

• Pure Networks Device Discovery Driver

• Pure Networks Wireless Driver

• Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

• Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)

• Link-Layer Topology Discovery Mapper I/O Driver

• Link-Layer Topology Discovery Responder

I have tried each and everything you have mentioned and some of them was already tested by me, but still having the same problem.

Anyways thanks for the suggestion.

in addition, you can try updating the firmware of the router, if it will not work with any other computer as well that means it might be the router glitch that is firmware fixable.