Thread: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Like to share with you something that may interest you . Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 application just uses present Windows features allowing some of them when first launched those are

• Facilitate the Windows embedded firewall
    • Make the firewall to obstruct both inbound and outbound connections for which no rule exists
    • Allows the default Windows firewall inbound connection warning
    • Allows the Windows firewall outbound connections logging which is disabled by default
    • Makes a planned task linked to the Windows firewall event log access, permit Windows Firewall Notifier to be start on when needed only
    • Installation check

The application can be unzipped in any folder of your selection provided with it should not be moved once it will be activated except you really want to get rid of it

Re: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Naq View Post
    Like to share with you something that may interest you . Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 application just uses present Windows features allowing some of them when first launched those are

• Facilitate the Windows embedded firewall
    • Make the firewall to obstruct both inbound and outbound connections for which no rule exists
    • Allows the default Windows firewall inbound connection warning
    • Allows the Windows firewall outbound connections logging which is disabled by default
    • Makes a planned task linked to the Windows firewall event log access, permit Windows Firewall Notifier to be start on when needed only
    • Installation check

The application can be unzipped in any folder of your selection provided with it should not be moved once it will be activated except you really want to get rid of it

Hey this appears to be a new app! Thanks for posting.

Re: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Hey this Is what you miss once install after a primary launch the application will confirm a notification balloon when an application attempts an outgoing connection at the same time as not being allowed to do so. A click on the notification will show a dialog box, let the user to
    • Short-term permit to the application
    • Make a rule for the application; in order to always be capable to connect
    • Obstruct the application once only subsequent to what other notifications might show
    • Forever block the application no notice will hence be displayed afterwards

I did not know of any options to stop outgoing in Windows Firewall , only inbound transfer. I’m doubt if I shall ditch Comodo Firewall and use Windows Firewall in its place. wish for the alternative to block outgoing traffic

Quote Originally Posted by Carley View Post
    I did not know of any options to stop outgoing in Windows Firewall , only inbound transfer. I’m doubt if I shall ditch Comodo Firewall and use Windows Firewall in its place. wish for the alternative to block outgoing traffic
    My suggestion to you fo you is don’t leave Comodo its better security to have

I like window firewall . the majority of us Windows 7 or Windows Vista users might not don’t think the need for such a utility, however if you are individual who do, you certainly want to check out Windows Firewall Control it has

• High Filtering All outgoing connections are blocked.
    • Medium Filtering Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked..
    • Low Filtering Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed.
    • No Filtering. Windows Firewall is turned off. keep away from using this setting except you have another firewall management on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by addie View Post
    My suggestion to you fo you is don’t leave Comodo its better security to have
    I'd like to know on what basis you are saying this though Still hanging onto Comodo