Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 16-09-2011
Naq Naq is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 323
Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Like to share with you something that may interest you . Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 application just uses present Windows features allowing some of them when first launched those are

• Facilitate the Windows embedded firewall
• Make the firewall to obstruct both inbound and outbound connections for which no rule exists
• Allows the default Windows firewall inbound connection warning
• Allows the Windows firewall outbound connections logging which is disabled by default
• Makes a planned task linked to the Windows firewall event log access, permit Windows Firewall Notifier to be start on when needed only
• Installation check

The application can be unzipped in any folder of your selection provided with it should not be moved once it will be activated except you really want to get rid of it
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 16-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 362
Re: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naq View Post
Like to share with you something that may interest you . Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 application just uses present Windows features allowing some of them when first launched those are

• Facilitate the Windows embedded firewall
• Make the firewall to obstruct both inbound and outbound connections for which no rule exists
• Allows the default Windows firewall inbound connection warning
• Allows the Windows firewall outbound connections logging which is disabled by default
• Makes a planned task linked to the Windows firewall event log access, permit Windows Firewall Notifier to be start on when needed only
• Installation check

The application can be unzipped in any folder of your selection provided with it should not be moved once it will be activated except you really want to get rid of it

Hey this appears to be a new app! Thanks for posting.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 16-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 908
Re: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Hey this Is what you miss once install after a primary launch the application will confirm a notification balloon when an application attempts an outgoing connection at the same time as not being allowed to do so. A click on the notification will show a dialog box, let the user to
? Short-term permit to the application
? Make a rule for the application; in order to always be capable to connect
? Obstruct the application once only subsequent to what other notifications might show
? Forever block the application no notice will hence be displayed afterwards
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 16-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 854
Re: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

I did not know of any options to stop outgoing in Windows Firewall , only inbound transfer. I?m doubt if I shall ditch Comodo Firewall and use Windows Firewall in its place. wish for the alternative to block outgoing traffic
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 16-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,108
Re: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carley View Post
I did not know of any options to stop outgoing in Windows Firewall , only inbound transfer. I?m doubt if I shall ditch Comodo Firewall and use Windows Firewall in its place. wish for the alternative to block outgoing traffic
My suggestion to you fo you is don?t leave Comodo its better security to have
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 17-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,080
Re: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

I like window firewall . the majority of us Windows 7 or Windows Vista users might not don?t think the need for such a utility, however if you are individual who do, you certainly want to check out Windows Firewall Control it has

? High Filtering All outgoing connections are blocked.
? Medium Filtering Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are blocked..
? Low Filtering Outgoing connections that do not match a rule are allowed.
? No Filtering. Windows Firewall is turned off. keep away from using this setting except you have another firewall management on your computer.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 18-09-2011
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 854
Re: Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
My suggestion to you fo you is don?t leave Comodo its better security to have
I'd like to know on what basis you are saying this though Still hanging onto Comodo
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Windows Firewall Notifier 1.0 extends the default Windows 7 embedded firewall behavior"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which one is better Avast Internet Suite-Firewall or Windows 7 firewall BaasimaP Networking & Security 5 19-12-2011 05:17 PM
Is Zonealarm firewall is better than regular windows firewall Anahera Networking & Security 5 13-06-2011 01:51 AM
Webroot Desktop Firewall vs COMODO Firewall vs Windows Firewall Solomon Polls & Voting 6 27-08-2009 09:56 AM
How can i restore the default firewall settings in Windows 7 Mr.ken Networking & Security 3 09-07-2009 11:25 PM
Server 2008 with Hyper-V - domain controller - Firewall GUI's show firewall ON, but netsh reports firewall OFF Bruce Sanderson Windows Server Help 6 07-10-2008 03:27 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:06 AM.