Thread: Unable to share files on network computers, but internet sharing works

Unable to share files on network computers, but internet sharing works

Google's not coming up with anything that works for me, so I thought I'd try here. Last two month I had work on D-Link DIR 600 wireless router connected with Windows XP Professional SP1 laptop. There are 3 computers running on this network. The difficulty on this system is to be not able to share any files on it. Surprisingly the internet sharing works with this network. Any help will be appreciating.

Re: Unable to share files on network computers, but internet sharing works

I had the same kind of problem with this network. In this network it open the command prompt and ping any website at all with no problem. then I decided to try setting it to ¨dial whenever a connection is not present. The dial up connection on this network works and now this file sharing task works with this internet connection.

It could be possible that the network card is failing, or it could be faulty. This would might be one reason that restrict the network to share your files on the network. Hence I suggest to you for change this network on your system. It might be solve sharing trouble.

I recommended to you for perform an driver update task on this network system. The official site gives an support that works to do this task without giving any kind of problem. hence I sugegts to you for try this solution and check the problem onto it. This driver upgrade task would be help to share the files over the network.

I also faced the similar kind of problem and that time I follow this network card driver upgrade policy. This helps to me for enhance the performance of this system. In this task, I suggest to you for try to use an proper driver upgrade policy. This would be helpful to make an proper configuration of the network card with this network. This helps to you for removing such problem.

Some cases user has to be change the setting of the network and hence it would be make an negative effect on this network. Internet Settings in your Browser, look to see if a proxy is set. Then we need to change the system setting to the default stage. In this process use a restore setting on the network which you can work on windows system. In that case, I recommended to you for try to configuration the network. Use this in the proper way. It solves this sharing problem.

This computer's running Windows XP and uses cable Internet through a router. Then I might be doubt that the router won’t able to do this sharing both files and internet connection on all over the network. Hence I recommended to you for configure your router using this network.

The DIR-600 provides better wireless coverage and improved speeds over standard 802.11g wireless network. It is a wireless router for a small house or apartment. For solving this problem you might be able to telnet to the router and configure it across the network. This process is to be really helpful to make an connection in the proper way. The telnet command on these windows XP or the win 7 helps for configuring the router of this network.

The desktop computer is linked to the router via a cable. If it is not work properly then use this could be possible that the router has to be only able to share internet connection and not the files. In such position, I suggest that reestablish the connection between these networks.

Well, I'm no expert, but as I was reading your post. Won’t able to share the files over network is could be possible that because of the connectivity problem or the other reason is to be configuration of the network. I personally recommended to you for reenter the IP address on this network setting of the windows system. This is the way that can be helping to solve your file sharing problem. after performing this task, you need to also check the internet sharing on it.

For more information you can contact the network engineer. The official site of this Linksys provides this information. Also I suggest to you for check the manual of the router for analyzing the troubleshooting problem on it. This kind of effort works and in result you can able to solve this problem.