Thread: Need Proxy settings for installing AVG 2011 on windows XP

Need Proxy settings for installing AVG 2011 on windows XP

I use an windows XP OS and yesterday I download the AVG 2011 antivirus on this system. It is the free demo version and I install it on the system. Now when I try to run this antivirus then it shows that the "configuration failed requires internet connectivity if your using proxy server specify settings" error message. I don’t know why this happen but I want the proxy setting to solve this problem. thanks in advance.

Re: Need Proxy settings for installing AVG 2011 on windows XP

It could be possible that you can use an improper web site for this task, then I suggest to you for use an correct official site of this avg antivirus software. This helps to you for solving this complicated problem. try to do this task and check that the antivirus needs the proxy setting or not.

This is the problem related to the proxy setting and I must say that if you want to use this free demo version of the AVG then you need to disable the proxy server on your system. The free version of this type of antivirus can’t support the advanced configuration based software such as proxy server. The proxy server avoids the system to play this free demo version.

The other way to solve this problem is Open Internet Explorer on your system and then hit the Tools menu. It shows you an Internet Options, you need to click on that. The next step is to be tick the Connections tab and use the "LAN settings" button for doing this proxy setting configuration. The setting is to be very simple and it is normally in the GUI format. This is necessary to configure Microsoft Internet Explorer to exercise a proxy server to attach it to the Internet. I hope that your can do this task very well.

You can also use an proxy changer software on your windows xp system. This software gives you permission to change between proxy servers and Internet Explorer settings. Then the newly installed free version of the AVG antivirus can’t give this kind of problem. hence I suggest to you for try this. It works to solve your problem.

Before doing any thing to solve this problem I must suggest to you please download and install this antivirus with full installation file. In this process don’t use an download manager. This download manager makes some problem when we try to do this type of task.

It could be possible that the problem is related to the firewall software of the system. Then I personally recommended to you first disable this firewall software. Firewall is a device or set of devices designed to permit or deny downloading and installation permission. Then use an download link to do this downloading free demo on your system. In this downloading process the official link helps to avoid any kind of problems. Hope that it solves your problem.

I cannot install AVG Free and one of the same kind of situation happen in my windows 7 system. Then I decided to avoid this free demo version of the antivirus and buy the proper compatible antivirus for this task. It solve such kind of proxy server setting problem. I try this and it works. Now the antivirus runs with this proxy server.

If you not able to solve this error message then the system not able to connected to the internet. hence if you want to solve this error then either disable this proxy server or configure it properly. Hence I suggest to you for doing this taks. This is the solution that works to fix error. For more information contact the official site expert.