Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-09-2011

PC's internet connection helps to serve a wireless router

I use the linksys wrt54g router connected with the cricket wireless device. I want to enable the Internet Connection Sharing on this network and connect the wired NIC card onto this system. Windows 7 Operating system present on this system. I hope that My PC?s Internet connection help me to do this task. I hope that someone already do this. Then please share your personal experience about it. Thanks in advance.
Old 15-09-2011

Re: PC's internet connection helps to serve a wireless router

If you want to share the internet connection within your network using this wireless router then I suggest to you for follow the below steps. It helps to you for making this things on your windows system. First go to control panel and hit network and internet option. In that window, click on network and sharing center... Then select the "view status" option. It is present subsequently to your wireless connection. In the new dialog box, open Activities tab and get on properties option. Then OPEN "sharing" tab and select "Allow other network users to connect through this computer's internet connection" option. Finally hit the Ok button. It helps to you for share this internet connection over the network.
Old 15-09-2011

Yes there is necessary to do the connectivity between the wired NIC card and the wireless device. It enhances the system performance. I try this on my system and now it works well without giving any issue.
Old 15-09-2011

If the system on the networks gives the problem at the time of doing this task, then you need to configure the IP address. For doing this task, you need to open the command prompt and then use the IPconfig command on it. This will be help to you for set the IP address of this internet connection. Then try this and hope that it will be help to solve your problem.
Old 15-09-2011

If you connect internet through wireless router then you can share desktop files on all over the network. It also helps to access the same internet connection on different network. I don?t know why this happen but the Cricket wireless device capable to do this task. You need to properly set the network configuration. Then try to do the proper connection with the network and your internet connection device. The router plays an important role on this process. Hence I suggest to you for try to do such way for solving this problem.
Old 15-09-2011

If you want like to manually assign the Ip address of each of the system on network to make this connection, then use this process. In that process you need to open the wireless Network connection windows. Then open the properties of the connected network connection and use the inbuilt option on it. Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically option already present on it. You need to enable this option on the IP address config dialog box. It avoids to manually assign the IP address onto it.
Old 15-09-2011

Alternatively you can share this internet connection. In that Just go to ?My Network Places? properties. The next step is choose your broadband connection. Open its property window. Next click on Advanced tab and check ?Allow other network users to connect through this computer". After finishing this process, click on OK button. It helps to you for share the internet on network.
Old 15-09-2011

If you need to share your Internet connection then the wireless router helps to you for solving this problem. I think it should be workable, given that you can chain routers to each other. It is an interesting setup here that works to share your internet connection.
Old 16-09-2011

For more information you can contact the network engineer. The official site of this Linksys provides this information. Expert has a good knowledge about it. Try to do this task and it works to solve your problem. The linksys wrt54g router connected with the cricket wireless device helps to make such sharing process.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,