Thread: excessive CPU usage by AVGIDSAgent.exe

excessive CPU usage by AVGIDSAgent.exe

Hi friends I am using AVG version 10.0.1392 antivirus in my computer and I am facing problem with the antivirus from last some days. sometime my system running down very slowly and after that when I open the antivirus and after that check about the process at that time AVGIDSAgent.exe shows process more then 90%. please tell me what should l do to solve this issue.

Re: excessive CPU usage by AVGIDSAgent.exe

I am aware of this issue and according to me this problem because of the AVGIDSagent.exe and AVGIDSMonitor.exe. if you want to solve this issue then you have to first disable this and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

Well I have gone through your problem and I will also suggest you first to try to solve this issue by disabling the AVG Identity Protection component from AVG antivirus and after disabling the AVG Identity Protection component your problem gets solved. I am suggesting you this because you have mentioned in your problem that in your task bar AVGIDSAgent.exe is showing more then 90% usage and AVGIDSAgent.exe and AVGID Monitor.exe is belong to the AVGID agent.exe and AVG Identity Protection component.

if you don’t know about how so disable the AVG Identity Protection component then you have to first open the AVG antivirus in your computer and after opening the AVG antivirus you have to select the menu tools and after that you have to select the advance setting and after selecting the advanced setting you have to cache server and from there you have to disable the AVG Identity Protection component and after disabling the AVG Identity Protection component you will not get same problem.

I was also having the same problem and after that I have disabled the AVG Identity Protection component and after that also I was also getting the same problem. now after that I have disable the automatic updates and downloaded the updates from AVG official website and after downloading the updates file I have installed it in my system. now after that I have installed the update and then I have turned of automatic updates and then problem didn’t occurred again. I think you should also try this solution.

did you tried to solve this problem by running the full system scan.? if you have not tried this solution then first open the AVG and then run full system scan and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

First I have tried to fix this issue by disabling the AVG Identity Protection component and after disabling the AVG Identity Protection component also I was getting the same problem and after that I have also tried to solve this issue by updating the AVG antivirus in my system and after updating the antivirus alsi I was getting the same problem. now after updating the antivirus also I was getting the same issue. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

According to me by reinstalling the AVG in your computer this problem can be solved and that is why I would like to tell you that first you have to first remove the AVG from your computer and after removing the AVG you have to restart the computer and after that restart the computer and after restarting the computer you have to install the AVg again and after installing it again you have to check whether you are getting the same issue or not.
    I think after reinstalling the AVG you will not get any issue.

According to me you have to download the AVG 2012 which is available on the internet and after downloading the AVG 2012 install it in your computer and then check whether your problem get solved or not. I think installing he AVG 2012 will fix all the issues.

If after trying above solution also this problem still remains then you have to try to fix this issue by repairing the operating system and after that it will not give any issue. Try this solution and after that let me know whether your problem gets solved or not. I hope this will help you to solve this issue.