Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to get rid of WHITESMOKE PUP

Networking & Security

Old 14-09-2011

How to get rid of WHITESMOKE PUP

I have windows vista and got infected by WHITESMOKE PUP once, i restored my system and it was deleted , but is back again and there are no system restore dates, I am not able to remove this pup , I tired for different sites for solution but never got any response from that side . Please help to remove this pup ?

Old 14-09-2011

Re: How to get rid of WHITESMOKE PUP

As different things are happening on your machine I belive that your computer has been infected . Follow the instructions below to install and scan yopur computer to remove PUP :
  • Download TDSSKiller.exe and use that instead.
  • Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
  • As you are using Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • When the program opens, click the Start Scan button.
  • Do not use the computer during the scan
  • If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
  • Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
  • A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C
  • Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.
Old 14-09-2011

Re: How to get rid of WHITESMOKE PUP

You are using Windows Vista , try to remove the pup by installing TDSSKiller still your computer is not free from infection then I suggest you to format your computer and install the software to prevent your computer from infection

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,