| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Re: How to get rid of WHITESMOKE PUP
As different things are happening on your machine I belive that your computer has been infected . Follow the instructions below to install and scan yopur computer to remove PUP :
- Download TDSSKiller.exe and use that instead.
- Double-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
- As you are using Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
- When the program opens, click the Start Scan button.
- Do not use the computer during the scan
- If the scan completes with nothing found, click Close to exit.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
- Ensure Cure is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
- A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C
- Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.