Thread: dsl link goes off randomly on BSNL broadband

dsl link goes off randomly on BSNL broadband

Hello friends I am using BSNL broadband connection in my computer and I am facing one problem from last some days. now in my modem DSL light goes off randomly. please tell me what should I do to solve this issue.

Re: dsl link goes off randomly on BSNL broadband

I have read your problem and I think there is something wrong with the phone wire first I will suggest you that connect the internet with different phone wire and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not. I think you will not get the same problem with different wire.

If you are getting the same problem after trying the different phone wire then I think there is nothing wrong with the wire but there might be something wrong with the splitter which you are using with your modem. in BSNL this is main problem that if we use the splitter with the mode then connection dropping issues always occurs and that is why I would like to tell you that you should first connect the mode without using the splitter and after that check whether you are able to connect the internet or not. As far as I know without using the splitter when you will connect the modem at that time you will not get any issue and DSL link will remain constant. if you get the same problem after removing the splitter then I think there might be something wrong with modem also. try this solutions and check whether your problem get solved or not.

Well in my case I was getting the same problem without using the splitter and after that I have tried to solve this problem by resetting the mode and after resetting the modem when I have checked about connection at that time it was proper. I think you should also try this solution.

To reset the modem you need to do the following steps.
    • First you have to turn on the modem.
    • After that you will see the reset button at the back of the modem.
    • Now you have to press that reset button and modem will get reset.
    • After resetting the modem you have to do all the modem setting again and
    after that your problem will get solved.

Thank you for giving me quick replies. after reading your above solution I have first tried to check the connection by removing the splitter but after removing the splitter also I was getting the same issue and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by resetting the modem but resetting the router didn’t helped me to solve this issue. now please tell me what should I do to fix this issue.

As you have said that you are facing the same problem after resetting the modem also and after removing the splitter also then I think there might be something wrong with your Modem. First connect any other modem and after that check whether DSL light is behaving the same or not. if you are getting the same problem after changing the modem also then I think there is nothing wrong with your modem but problem is with your connection line and I think you need to contact the your service provider and you have to ask about the solution which you are facing and if you are not facing the same problem after connecting other modem then i think problem ids with your modem only and you need to replace the modem and after that your problem will get solved. first check all these thing and after that you will come to know about the exact problem. if you need any more help then let me know.

There was similar problem occurred with my modem also and after that try to search the solution on the internet but after that also I was also facing the same problem. now after that I have contact the BSNL support and after that they have told me to solve this issue by unchecking the adsl2+ option and after that I have tried same solution and then my problem get solved.

If you don’t know about how to turn off the adsl2+ then you have to first follow these steps. First you have to go to the modem configuration setting and after that you have to click on the advance option and there you have to un check the adsl2+. Now after unchecking that you have to restart he modem and after that your problem will get solved.

if this trick does not help then you have to contact the BSNL and after that they will give you solution.

I have open the modem configuration page and after that I have unchecked the adsl2+ option from there and after that I have save that setting and restart the modem and after restarting the modem I didn’t face any issue with DSL link and it always remain constant. I really appreciate your help.