Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to resolve hostname via ssh

Networking & Security

Old 10-09-2011

Unable to resolve hostname via ssh

On my local network I am having static internet connection (Dhcp). I want to do Ssh. When I am trying to connect other computer using Ssh it?s not working. I m unable to figure out the problem. Can anybody help me?

Code:
"Ssh: Could not resolve hostname da@da-laptop: Name or service not known"

Old 10-09-2011

Re: Unable to resolve hostname via ssh

There is a dissimilarity between DHCP and DNS. If your local network router has a DNS built in you would require telling Ssh to make use of the DNS. That would be configured in /etc/ssh/ssh_config. a little similar to "UseDNS ". keep in mind you have to reprocess the ssh daemon if you modify ssh_config.

At this time if there is no a DNS on your local network then you would have to situate up alias in your /etc/hostsfile so your client know about what ip address was assign to other pc
Old 10-09-2011

Re: Unable to resolve hostname via ssh

I always make convinced my machine has a reserved or static IP.
Code:
ssh user@ip_address

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , , ,