Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to connect VMC basic type modem with Netgear WGR614v9

How to connect VMC basic type modem with Netgear WGR614v9

Hello friends I am using BSNL broadband and I have AN1020-20 modem. I have purchased Netgear WGR614v9 WIFI router but I am not able to connect it with my mode. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

Re: How to connect VMC basic type modem with Netgear WGR614v9

You have to first make sure that you have connected your Netgear WGR614v9 router with your mode properly. You have to make sure that you have connected all the cables with your modem and router properly. sometimes wrong connection cable will create the problem.

if you have checked all the cable connection properly then you have to first make sure that whether you have done all the setting properly or not. first you have to check whether BSNL Broadband is In "Always On" PPP/PPPoE mode or not. if it is not on the always on in PPPoE mode then you have to make it on then check whether you are able to make the connection or not. I think after doing that you will be able to make the connection.

If you are facing the same problem after trying the above solution also then you have to check whether your router is working properly with other system or not. if you are able to use the router with other system proe-prly then I think problem is with your modem or settings and if the same problem occurs after connecting the router with different system then I think your router is having problem and you need to replace it.

According to me you are facing this problem because there might be some wrong setting with the modem configuration and that is why first I will suggest you to do all the setting properly and after that you will be able to use the Netgear WGR614v9 router with your modem.

first you have to do your modem setting by doing following stpes.

• first you have to right click on the network icon on the system trey icon and after that you have to click on the open networks and sharing center.
    • now after opening that you have to click on the adapter setting.
    • after opening the adapter setting you have to right click on the local area connection and after that you have to select the internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IP v4)
    • Now click on the properties and then you have to fill all the details there.
    • After that you have to open the browser and after that you have to type 192.168.1.1 in the address bard and after that you have to press the enter.
    • After that you have to type admin in user name and password box.
    • After that you have to select the admin tab and after that you have to click on the reboot option.
    • after clicking on the reboot button you have to click on the configuration tab and in the configuration tab you will see the internet connection option.
    • now you have to delete all the connection from there.
    • after deleting the all the connection you have to click on the add button.
    • now after that you have to type PPPoE in PVC name and you have to type 35 number in VCI option.
    • After that you have to select next option and then you have to select the ppp over Ethernet option and then press the next button again.
    • after that you have to select the obtain IP automatically and then press the next button again.
    • now after that you have to type the service name, broadband username and password correctly and then you have to select the always on option in session established option.
    • after doing that click on the next button and after that click on the apply button.

After doing that your modem will work properly and then you have to connect the Netgear WGR614v9 router again with your modem and then check whether you are able to connect the internet or not.

Thank you for giving me these useful solutions after reading your post I have done all the necessary setting but after that also I was getting the same problem. Now please tell me how to fix this issue. I want to use my laptop with wifi router. Please tell me what I should do to solve this issue.

As far as I know you should try to solve this problem by doing following steps. first you have open the browser and then open the modem configuration page. now after that you have to click on the configuration tab and then select the wireless network option. after that you have to make sure that all the setting is proper there and then you have to open the start menu and after that type cmd on search box and then press enter and then you have to type ipconfig/all and then press enter. now you have to note down the physical address basically it is your MAC address and then you have to go to the browser again and after that you have to click on the MAC address filter option and after that you have to select put the MAC address in add MAC address option and after that click on the apply button.

yes in my laptop I was having the same issue and after that I have add the MAC address in the modem configuration page and after that my problem get solved. I think you should also try this solution.

I am also using the BSNL with my WIFI router and I have done all the setting and added the MAC address also but after that also I am not able to use the internet with my laptop and when I try to connect any other laptop at that time it worked properly. Please tell me what I should do to solve this. According to me you should try to solve this issue.

I am also using the BSNL with my WIFI router and I have done all the setting and added the MAC address also but after that also I am not able to use the internet with my laptop and when I try to connect any other laptop at that time it worked properly. Please tell me what I should do to solve this. According to me you should try to solve this issue.

if after reinstalling the wirless drivers also if you are facing the same problem then I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by doing downloading the updated drivers from the internet and after downloading the drivers you have to install that drivers in your laptop and after installing the updated drivers your problem might get solved. try this solution and then let me know whether it makes any difference or not.

In your above solution you have mentioned steps to add the MAC address in modem configuration and after reading those steps I have add the MAC address and after adding the MAC address when I try to connect the router with my modem at that time I didn’t get any issue. Thank you for giving me this solution.

Hi,
    I tried entering the MAC address..but when I did a ipconfig/all, I got numerous MAC addresses (one for wireless LAN adaptor, one for ethernet LAN adaptor,...) I used the wireless LAN adaptor but still it did not work for me.

But before that, my modem and router has the same default gateway (http://192.168.1.1). Any idea how to change this? I think I should do this first before making my router-modem connection. Let me know.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ausaran007 View Post
    Hi,
    I tried entering the MAC address..but when I did a ipconfig/all, I got numerous MAC addresses (one for wireless LAN adaptor, one for ethernet LAN adaptor,...) I used the wireless LAN adaptor but still it did not work for me.

But before that, my modem and router has the same default gateway (http://192.168.1.1). Any idea how to change this? I think I should do this first before making my router-modem connection. Let me know.
    What is the make/model of the modem or router that you are having? Normally, the default IP is given in the unit Label as 192.168.1.1 ( did you get a CD ?) Connect only Netgear WIFI router to computer in LAN mode ( rj45 cable ) and try.

Thanks for your reply. I tried connecting using a RJ cable but it times out when I give the ip address (192.168.1.1). I have a netgear WGR614v9 router which I got from US.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast