Thread: Unable to connect Belkin Wifi router using BSNL Broadband

Rajni Guest

Unable to connect Belkin Wifi router using BSNL Broadband

Hi friends I have BSNL broadband connection and I have Type-1 modem which is given by BSNL. now when I use this modem with my computer directly at that time I can use the internet . now when I try to connect the Belkin Wifi router at that time I am not able to do that properly. please tell me what should I do to solve this.

Re: Unable to connect Belkin Wifi router using BSNL Broadband

As you have said that you are not able to connect the Belkin Wifi router with your BSNL modem then I will suggest you that you should first connect your router with any other modem and system and after that you have to chek whiter you are able to connect the internet or not.

if you are facing this problem after connecting the router with any other system also then I think there should be something wrong with the Belkin Wifi router and you need to replace that and if your router is working properly with any other system giving you issue with your system only then I think this problem is occurring because of the setting. You have to first check whether all the setting is proper in with the modem or not. First check all the setting and you have to also check whether you have connected all the cable with your router and modem properly or not. Because sometime if the cables have not connected properly then also this type f the problem can take place. first check for all this thing and after that try to connect the Belkin Wifi router with your BSNL modem.

If after that you have also check whether any other router is connecting with your modem properly or not. if you are facing the same problem with any other router then I think this must be problem with your modem only.

I think you have to first open the setting wizard of your modem and after that you have to select the PPOE setting. Now after selecting the PPOE setting you have to change the VCI to 35 and after changing the value you have to try to use the router with your modem and after that check whether you are getting the same issue or not.

Rajni Guest

thank you for giving me quick replies. After read your solution I have first try check whether my router is working properly with other system or not and when I have connected my router with other system at that time worked fine. Now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by doing all the necessary setting. Now after doing the setting also I am still getting the same problem. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

According to me you are facing this problem because you might be choosing the wrong option while it asks for the connection type while configuring the router. At the type of the choosing the connection type you have to select the dynamic option and after that you will not get any issue.

I have gone though your problem as you have said that after trying all the possible solution also you are facing the same problem and that is why I would like to suggest you that you should try to solve this issue by doing the following steps. First you have to open the set up wizard for the Belkin router and then while setting up the router it will ask you for the connection type and you will get the Dynamic, PPoE, PPoA, Static IP option and from this option you have to select the dynamic option and after selecting the dynamic option you will be able to use the Belkin Wifi router with your modem.

if you after doing this also if you are getting the same problem then I think you should also try to solve this issue by resetting the modem and router both the things and after that try to connect it both and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

There was similar problem was occurred with my system also and after that I have tried to solve this issue by resetting the router and modem both and after resetting the router and modem also I was getting the same issue and after that I came to know that the LAN wire which I was using to connect the modem with router was having the problem and then I have changed it and I will suggest you that you should also check whether wire is proper or not.

I am aware of this problem and I think you should this problem is from the BSNL side and best way to solve this problem is to contact the BSNL support and ask then for the solution regarding this problem and after that they will help you to fix this issue.

Rajni Guest

well I have gone through your solution and after that I have change the connection type and after that my problem get solved. The problem was occurring because I was selecting the PPOE option instead of selecting the dynamic option and after that my problem gets solved.