Thread: Spike when using Thunderbird and running manual scan.

Spike when using Thunderbird and running manual scan.

Guys I am not quite sure that anyone of you has seen this if anyone has faced such problem can you guide me here a bit. I am having problems with Thunderbird Version 6 When I was going for the manual scans of their main drive? As both of them that is the Thunderbird running and a manual scan running what I am getting here is a large processor spike and slowdown. Guys suggestion from your side will much be appreciated. Thanks1

Re: Spike when using Thunderbird and running manual scan.

Well I haven't had any such circumstances it is only because I have tried not to run two very CPU rigorous programs simultaneously. While Norton is very demanding scanning items, together with your email and the client you are also receiving and sending data over the Internet. I'd be to a great extent be worried if there wasn't a spike. Since it didn't source anything more than a reduce speed it sounds like you have sufficient system to cope with that much action. The only addition that might be helpful would be a small determination of patience.

Y Well Yeah I have observed some of the usual spike with some of the other apps being processed at the same time as Nortan Internet Security but it seemed to be more marked after the new V6 release. I have the same opinion as yours and for good measure consideration I would throw it out there and see what is probably going to happen.

What type of the system you are having? I cannot even observe when a Full-System manual scan is running so most probably you are only having a single core CPU or a very sluggish Hard Disk Drive?

NIS will be displaying a threat even if only one of multi-cores of the processor is running close towards the saturation. This Maybe not the most stylish of solutions but it will be causing you to think what's occurring and maybe adjust if necessary. Yeah I see some of the normal spike with other apps running at the same time as NIS but it seemed to be more obvious after the new V6 release. I am in agreement with you and for good appraise consideration I would throw it out there and see what happened

Acept my heartfelt thanks for your response. To your interest about the system, it is in having a dual core, 4 GigaByte Ram with two serial drives. It is a system though that is a couple years old than my others that is why I have performed a check over it.

Thunderbird is lovely but resource-consuming.On my station it hangs exactly as described in your example when it receives new messages and the antivirus (currently AVG) scans them. IMHO Thunderbird hangs while waiting the return of the message by antivirus.

Thanks guys for responding!