Thread: Optimizer takes long time to finish and unable to stop it also in NIS 2012 beta

Optimizer takes long time to finish and unable to stop it also in NIS 2012 beta

There is a problem with Norton Internet Security 2012 beta in my computer. Now whenever I start the computer at that time I cannot stop the Optimizer and it runs continuously and it also affect on my system performance. Now please tell me how to fix this issue.

Re: Optimizer takes long time to finish and unable to stop it also in NIS 2012 beta

Well as far as I know this problem normally occurs because of the ccsvchst.exe file activity and because of this file our system perforce gets affected. If you want to solve this issue then you have to try to solve this issue by turning off the insights optimizer feature in the Norton internet security 2012 beta.

Re: Optimizer takes long time to finish and unable to stop it also in NIS 2012 beta

yes I will also suggest you the same because after reading your problem I have spend some hours on the internet and after searching on the internet I have come to know that this problem is coming because of the insight optimizer feature and after that I have disabled it. Now after disabling it all the problems get solved. Try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

if you don’t know about how to stop the insight optimizer then I will suggest you to follow this steps and after that you will be able to solve this issue.
    • First you have to open the Norton Internet Security 2012.
    • Now after opening the Norton Internet Security 2012 you have to click on the performance link.
    • in performance link you will see the option for the Norton Tasks.
    • Now you have to click on the Norton Tasks.
    • After clicking the Norton task you will see the list of tasks which are currently running.
    • After that you have to locate the insight optimizer option.
    • After that you have to click on the insight optimizer option and after that you have to disable it.

Now after disabling it you have to check whether you are still having the same problem or not. As far as I know after disabling the insight optimizer you will not get any issue and your system will also run smoothly.

If you are still having the same problem after disabling the insight optimizer also then I think there might be something wrong with the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta and I think you should try to solve this issue by disabling reinstalling the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta and after reinstalling the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta your problem might get solved easily.

I have tried to fix this problem by disabling the insight optimizer and by doing your given steps when I have disabled the insight optimizer at that time it problem gets solved but after that when I restart the computer at that time problem occurred again. now after that I have reinstalled Norton Internet Security 2012 beta in my computer and after that problem gets solved. now whenever I try to update the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta at that time virus definitions gets failed to update. please tell me what should I do to fix this issue.

Well as far as I know this problem normally occurs due to the wrong setting in the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta and that is why I would like to tell you that whether all the setting is proper or not.

in my system I was also having the same issue while doing the virus definition updates and after that I have tried to search the solution on the internet. After searching on the internet I have come to know that by turning on the smart definitions I can solve this issue and after that I have turned on the smart definitions and after that my problem gets solved.

To turn on the smart definitions you have to do following steps.
    • first you have to open the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta.
    • after that you have to click on the settings.
    • In settings you have to click on the computer tab
    • Now you have to turn on the smart definitions.

After turning on the smart definitions you will not face any difficulties while updating the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta. Try this solution and after that let me know whether your problem gets solved or not.

If you after turning on the smart definitions also if you are having the same issue then I think you should try to fix this issue by downloading updates manually and after that you will be able to update the virus definitions.

if you want to download the updates manually then you have to first go to the official website of the Norton and from there you have to click on the support options and after that you will get the option for the download updates and after downloading that you install it in your computer and after that you will not get any difficulty .

According to me you can solve this problem by updating the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta to its latest builds 19.0.0.128 and after that you will not get problems while updating the virus definitions. You can update the Norton Internet Security 2012 beta downloading the updater file from the Norton site called autodetectpcg file and after that run it in your computer and it will automatically detect the update the updates and recommend you to download.

Thank you foe giving me solution and fixing this problem. After going your post I have enabled smart definitions option in Norton Internet Security 2012 beta and after turning on the smart definitions it started getting updated normally and now I am not having any issue with Norton Internet Security 2012 beta.